Branding Refresh - For those of you White and Golders :)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I saw this today, and thought some of us might like to make our voices heard:

Good news, is that we did restate our commitment to the White and Gold.
I dunno. I look at the Timeline provided near the bottom of that article, and I see us transitioning to navy blue and white by June.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
The last refresh the institute did on branding was extremely positive. They did more to further white and gold than the AA. I have little doubt they're going to screw it up.

The only solid thing the AA did with the last refresh was to limit the GT logo to white or gold infill. Then they promptly opened the navy blue flood gates for everything else in a way that blue defines our branding and marketing now.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I’m kinda lost ( no jokes please ). Wasnt there a color, font and trademark pattern developed in TStans 2nd year ? Was that something different or did that fall apart ?

BTW, I need y’all to push ‘ Georgia Tech, where excellence goes to exceed ‘ as the tag line
I believe the OP referred to Tech (The Hill) as leading this. The GTAA is a separate organization with separate brand identities.

GTAlex

Georgia Tech Fan
What’s the good word?

Attachments

• 5C341433-553B-4B39-9896-3C559BDAF81E.jpeg
    5C341433-553B-4B39-9896-3C559BDAF81E.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 52

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I’m kinda lost ( no jokes please ). Wasnt there a color, font and trademark pattern developed in TStans 2nd year ? Was that something different or did that fall apart ?

BTW, I need y’all to push ‘ Georgia Tech, where excellence goes to exceed ‘ as the tag line
This is for the university itself, not the athletics association

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is for the university itself, not the athletics association
Understand it's the Institute, but the GTAA put a lot of time and money into coming up with the perfect shade of gold (and white?),, logo, fonts, etc. required for "Branding". Why would the Institute now put additional time, money and other resources into duplicating or, horror of horrors, contradicting what the AA has already done?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Understand it's the Institute, but the GTAA put a lot of time and money into coming up with the perfect shade of gold (and white?),, logo, fonts, etc. required for "Branding". Why would the Institute now put additional time, money and other resources into duplicating or, horror of horrors, contradicting what the AA has already done?
The Institute has different needs for their branding and marketing than GTAA does. No reason to expect the Institute and GTAA to use the same brand guidelines. Hopefully the Institute’s rebrand will coincide with GTAA’s as far as color use go. Way too many places around campus that use vastly different combinations of yellow/gold and black/navy. I’m thinking this does away with that.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
The Institute has different needs for their branding and marketing than GTAA does. No reason to expect the Institute and GTAA to use the same brand guidelines. Hopefully the Institute’s rebrand will coincide with GTAA’s as far as color use go. Way too many places around campus that use vastly different combinations of yellow/gold and black/navy. I’m thinking this does away with that.

im certainly no marketing guy but overall I say it’s a problem if any school has different visions, between departments or departments and Admin, as to what colors, fonts etc.... represent the school. I’d think branding is branding