Bradley Article

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Kelly is 24th in the ACC in scoring. Do you think puts him in high demand elsewhere?
Good to know he will be back . Thanks.
I definitely want to keep him as he has 2 years to get better. He scored 30 in last game.

Are u thinking he is not a key player we want back?

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The irony of this post is amazing.

Yeah, we won an ACC championship. For the first time in 25 years. I wonder why some are so eager to try and down play that. Of course your last statement is just insane. Trying to give Gregory's recruiting the credit for the first year run is just bonkers and can only be justified with being dead set to push an agenda.

No wonder you enjoyed Bark's nonsense.
I wasn’t going to say anything, but yeah, he lost any credibility he might ever have with that comment. Ole BG really set Josh up for success!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Miles Kelly is a baller. I was very high on him when we recruited him. He hit a bit of slump during the middle portion of our season, but it looks like he's making that famous jump some of Pastner's players have their 2nd and 3rd year.

He will be our best player next season, and I would not be surprised if other teams come knocking on his door to entice him with NIL $$$.

Hopefully we keep him because he's going to be a HUGE piece of our team the next couple of years.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Given how down the conference is this year - it may get five teams out of 15 into the tournament - that's kind of a low bar. The question should be, why weren't we playing anything close to this for that month where we didn't win anything and were getting blown out on a routine basis?
I've supported Pastner throughout. But seven years in and we're headed for another sub .500 season when the conference is at one of its nadirs is all the more reason to go in a new direction. He's given us one tourney berth and that lasted all of one game (anybody seen Loyola-Chicago's record this year? It's dreadful. Like almost Louisville bad.).
I won't diminish or demean the ACC title Pastner got. But that's now two years ago and we're looking at a conference where the longtime blue bloods of Duke and UNC aren't even ranked (and UNC is one of the first four out by most bracket projections) and Louisville is hot steaming garbage.
Pastner's strength was supposed to be recruiting. It hasn't been. I won't beat up on him for not recruiting the state harder or better - the vast majority of Bobby's good to great players weren't from Georgia, either. He had Brian Oliver, James Forrest and Matt "Harppin'" as BC used to call him, on some of his better teams and nobody from Georgia really on his first ACC championship team. He had a good local player - Tony Akins - on some bad teams toward the end. So I digress.
For me, Pastner has to get to the ACC championship game to even be considered for a stay of execution.
Maybe Pastner is just plain lazy and doesn’t do anything, motivationally, until his seat gets warm.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
ROOT, Kelly just made 4 3s in last part of BC game.

Please send some more NIL money!
No question Kelly is a good player. I just don't see a great demand for leaving a P5 team for another P5 team. It could happen for sure but he is not a 6 figure player for NIL. If GT can't get him $25K then we have an issue. CJP should be able to speak to Alumni groups and businesses in Atlanta to drum up at least that much money for Kelly this offseason. Time will tell. He is clearly essential if the team is to get to mid level ACC next year.

Terry has played very well the last 10 or so games as well. It would be nice to have him back for a Covid year.

We will miss Franklin. He is really a fun player to watch.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There has been a lot of trash posted about our "cheap" 2021 ACC Championship because we only had to win two games. Sure, the UVA game was a gimmee when COVID took them out, but we had Tuesday and Wednesday byes because we were the #4 seed. It is not a huge upset when the #4 team in a 15 team conference wins the tournament. There is no asterisk next to our name in the record books because the most wins we would have needed was three.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
No question Kelly is a good player. I just don't see a great demand for leaving a P5 team for another P5 team. It could happen for sure but he is not a 6 figure player for NIL. If GT can't get him $25K then we have an issue. CJP should be able to speak to Alumni groups and businesses in Atlanta to drum up at least that much money for Kelly this offseason. Time will tell. He is clearly essential if the team is to get to mid level ACC next year.

Terry has played very well the last 10 or so games as well. It would be nice to have him back for a Covid year.

I agree
"He is clearly essential if we are going to get to mid acc".
Without him we dont win the last 2 .

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

These type players transfer because they want a chance to win championships. NIL money is the other incentive. Gibbs is a perfect example.