Bradley’s latest

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Surprised I don’t see this posted, but if it is and I missed it - mods, please move this as appropriate.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradl...ollins-ahem-free-pass/WpyuJ9Fkvm6mE7IpB5WHML/

Whether you agree with him or not, the man’s a pretty good writer. In this case, I happen to agree with most of what he says.

Let the screaming begin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's not use Ross as an example about FB stability at Tech. Ross never stayed anywhere more than about 5 years. The guy moved a bunch of times over his career. The big constant has been that GT has at least some academic standards for athletes.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
So freaking tired of the seeming need to tear the last guy down to build the new guy up. I am a big fan of both!!! I agree that CGC has a lot of latitude, but we are not as bereft of talent and as despondent as the article makes it seem. We can and should win 5. Winning 6 and going to a bowl would be good. 7 or more would be an excellent job in year 1. 4 would be disappointing, and 3 very very disappointing.

But, again...why : ( Minor point, but the article says CPJ has three losing seasons in his last four -- that is simply not true. We won 9 three years ago and 7 last year. Also, yes, we went 24-25 overall and 14-18 in league play since the last Orange Bowl. But we were also 21-16 overall and 13-11 in league play in the last three years (you know, the seasons that are most relevant to the players on the current roster).

I also don't appreciate him crapping on our current players. He says we don't have a single QB that can pass. Yet, Lucas Johnson was recruited by everyone as a dual-threat QB, as well as true freshman Jordan Yates. 4* James Graham also says hi, and threw far more than he ran as a QB in high school.

Just saying, why does every new article about where we are going have to crap on where we just came from? I am both proud of the last decade and extremely excited about where we are going -- and even what we can do with our current roster this year. Aside from Clemson and UGA, there is no other game on our schedule that we don't have at least a reasonable chance to win. Go Jackets!

Deleted member 2897

We have 1 single year below 0.500 in ACC play in the last 25 years. No other ACC team (not FSU, not Clemson, not Miami) can say that. This isn't a rebuild. This isn't a start over. If we only win 2 or 3 games, Collins should be embarrassed. But we do play 10 teams who won at least 6 games last year. So there are simply a lot of tossups. Next year will be a real beast - 10 opponents are on our schedule in 2020 who were ranked last year. Yuck.

All these sports media idiots who disrespect us so much are the ones giving Collins a free pass, because they have set the bar so low. Which is the most ironic part of it all.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Mark Bradley is not a good sports writer. He gets basic facts wrong in his pieces all the time and this one's no different.

As someone else said, this is the same commentary on Tech he has offered for the last 15 years. He knows little more about college football than your average sidewalk fan that likes to watch UGA football because all his friends do.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Surprised I don’t see this posted, but if it is and I missed it - mods, please move this as appropriate.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradl...ollins-ahem-free-pass/WpyuJ9Fkvm6mE7IpB5WHML/

Whether you agree with him or not, the man’s a pretty good writer. In this case, I happen to agree with most of what he says.

Let the screaming begin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Next time title it with his full name so I know not to bother opening the thread at all. Would be very appreciated ty.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Let's not use Ross as an example about FB stability at Tech. Ross never stayed anywhere more than about 5 years. The guy moved a bunch of times over his career. The big constant has been that GT has at least some academic standards for athletes.

But also has used them too often as an excuse.

There are bunches & bunches of sec, big 12 and big 10 s/A that could get into GT.

They just need to be recruited and coached by someone that can sell them, and is committed to winning big.

Have not read the article, but I wonder if folks felt thus way when bradley said we were going to win the NCAA title in MBB?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Nothing new here.

Editor: “Mark, tossup the usual red meat.”
Mark: “No problem.”

He’s a writer. Writers need an audience. He’s got it figured out ... focus on the dysfunction in the Tech fan base and give the Dawgs some needles.

Move along. Game Day is Thursday.

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
Typical Bradley story just trying to get a reaction from the fan base. On one hand he is correct by stating CPJ did not get the results he expected over the last 3 years with this roster, so we should be worried (we already know this). On the other hand, he totally leaves out the upside to CGC and “what if” he coaches up the roster to beat expectations.
I don’t get it, why bother writing an article about excuses for a bad/mediocre season and where the blame should land. Instead, write about comparable situations where coaching changes happen and how the fan base will know if CGC is on the right track. Good examples are Richt/Smart and Shula/Saban. Lazy journalism!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Typical Bradley story just trying to get a reaction from the fan base. On one hand he is correct by stating CPJ did not get the results he expected over the last 3 years with this roster, so we should be worried (we already know this). On the other hand, he totally leaves out the upside to CGC and “what if” he coaches up the roster to beat expectations.
I don’t get it, why bother writing an article about excuses for a bad/mediocre season and where the blame should land. Instead, write about comparable situations where coaching changes happen and how the fan base will know if CGC is on the right track. Good examples are Richt/Smart and Shula/Saban. Lazy journalism!

This a good point. Take the exact same athletes and ask, in better hands would there have been a different outcome?

Bradley talks as of Tech could be a dumpster fire. I don’t see that. Collins could be exactly what we needed. And has needed ...for five years. Change is or can be ... good.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We have 1 single year below 0.500 in ACC play in the last 25 years. No other ACC team (not FSU, not Clemson, not Miami) can say that. This isn't a rebuild. This isn't a start over. If we only win 2 or 3 games, Collins should be embarrassed. But we do play 10 teams who won at least 6 games last year. So there are simply a lot of tossups. Next year will be a real beast - 10 opponents are on our schedule in 2020 who were ranked last year. Yuck.

All these sports media idiots who disrespect us so much are the ones giving Collins a free pass, because they have set the bar so low. Which is the most ironic part of it all.

I agree wholeheartedly