Brad Waggoner off to be HC at Trousdale County (TN)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I ain't gon' lie. Part of me wishes the OP would've titled this thread, "Brag Waggoner Transferring". Just to freak everybody out.

"Aw man, why's all our good players leaving. Typical GT!! :banghead::rage: ... wait, who's Brad Waggoner?"
I should have gone with his name only. Seems to freak people out even more.

Or maybe "Brad Waggoner no longer on staff". Or "Brad Waggoner prefers High School job over Georgia Tech".

Perhaps 680 The Fan will help us out with a better narrative.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I should have gone with his name only. Seems to freak people out even more.

Or maybe "Brad Waggoner no longer on staff". Or "Brad Waggoner prefers High School job over Georgia Tech".

Perhaps 680 The Fan will help us out with a better narrative.

Oh you best believe the snide "Gee, another bigtime loss for GT?" "Oh man, you wonder if there's an issue between CPJ and his staff/players ..." questions are coming.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Oh you best believe the snide "Gee, another bigtime loss for GT?" "Oh man, you wonder if there's an issue between CPJ and his staff/players ..." questions are coming.
That crap has already started in one of the Georgia Tech Football FB groups.
  • "Players, recruits...now coaches...O.K. who has the inside track is CPJ thinking about leaving?"

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Admin needs to replace him with 5. We have a ton of catching up to do support staff wise.
I totally agree this is a big loss.
I probably am on a bad list with Gtaa.
After meeting him on a tour of gtaa and hearing how he got the job , I designated my gift to be used only for football recruiting. (They said that a gift that is designated doesn't qualify for seating points and bowl tickets) .

On a different note.
Going back to high school seems like a very odd move. I was thinking a top tier power 5 school would make a run at him. I think he wanted to do some coaching at gt.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I totally agree this is a big loss.
I probably am on a bad list with Gtaa.
After meeting him on a tour of gtaa and hearing how he got the job , I designated my gift to be used only for football recruiting. (They said that a gift that is designated doesn't qualify for seating points and bowl tickets) .

On a different note.
Going back to high school seems like a very odd move. I was thinking a top tier power 5 school would make a run at him. I think he wanted to do some coaching at gt.

fwiw, designating gifts is typically a waste of time with a lot of places. They simply count it toward what was budgeted anyway.

scrappy_95

Georgia Tech Fan
Trousdale County is a great small program and Hartsville is a good little town. Even though their program is small, the community really supports and shows up in force for the games. It is a fun place to watch a high school football game on Friday.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I just like the timing. Gives us plenty of time to get more coaches, recruits, etc. I have no issues whatsoever. Just another opportunity to get better.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Waggoner is the biggest loss that I am concerned about this year out of all the transfers and coaching losses. He IS our QA department at this point. We need someone with his motivation quick to pick up where he left off.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Must be a tough place. They fired a guy in mid-season who was 14-5 in two years and hired at guy who career-wise is something like 58-49. Seems odd unless the other guy did something terrible.