Brad Stewart

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dear lord people. Anybody found a picture of the guy on the grassy knoll yet? It was a mistake. It happens to all wide receivers. Fortunately for us, it happened in a game where we still easily won. I am sure he has already moved past it. Hopefully he just gets himself healthy now.

LOL...was totally about to make a Zapruder reference!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Might I be hypocritical enough on this Stewart thread to ask why in god's name the board has muscle spasms and fainting spells and thinks the future of the republic is at stake over one dropped pass? Didn't Thomas once drop a critical pass against Georgia? Didn't Calvin, the demigod of receivers, drop one occasionally? Didn't Stephen Hill run up a whole portfolio of drops? Does Saturday's game interest anybody?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Lighten up folks. We're only having a little fun here. Just trying to introduce a few fun facts instead of stuff like "time out calling efficiency when down by three points or less".

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
All I can say is that I sit in the upper east, and the sun was still to my left and not hitting me in the forward part of my face.
At this time of year, the sun's rays are perpendicular to the earth at about 12 degrees south. The sun will not appear as if 34 degrees north at anytime during the day. So, the light will not appear as if due west.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
Calvin dropped one that should have been the game winner against NC State - right into the NC State players hands. Game over. And yet...and YET! - I tend to think of Calvin as one of the best players I ever saw in my life Yellow Jacket or otherwise - pro or college. Not comparing Stewart to him, but he will catch plenty more before he is done!

Milwaukee

Banned
Calvin dropped one that should have been the game winner against NC State - right into the NC State players hands. Game over. And yet...and YET! - I tend to think of Calvin as one of the best players I ever saw in my life Yellow Jacket or otherwise - pro or college. Not comparing Stewart to him, but he will catch plenty more before he is done!

Completely agree, can't wait til he returns. But I'm glad to see Camp out there in the meantime as I think his ceiling is 10x higher.

BS will be fine. This was a one time thing.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I was still rooting for hill this preseason with the panthers. The fact he was still on a team this preseason means he obviously is a good player otherwise he would have never made it to that level

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Calvin dropped one that should have been the game winner against NC State - right into the NC State players hands. Game over.

Calvin was airborn and got his legs cut out from under him on that play. Let's not act like he just bounced one off his hands to end the game.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Calvin was airborn and got his legs cut out from under him on that play. Let's not act like he just bounced one off his hands to end the game.
I think he's talking about the ball that bounced off his hands in the back of the endzone that was then caught by the defender with seconds left for a game-ending interception. He was standing still and the ball just went through his hands and bounced off his chest.

Everyone misses an easy one every once in a while.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he's talking about the ball that bounced off his hands in the back of the endzone that was then caught by the defender with seconds left for a game-ending interception. He was standing still and the ball just went through his hands and bounced off his chest.

Everyone misses an easy one every once in a while.

That's exactly the play I'm talking about.

I was sitting 3 rows back when it happened and Youtube confirms my memory.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The only issue I have with Stewart is his frequent display of a lack of football IQ. He hasn't seen a punt inside the ten yard line that he doesn't want to catch, even inside the five. He also will catch a critical third down pass and turn the wrong way, keep the ball in the wrong arm and so let himself be shoved out a yard or more shy of the marker instead of turning up field and at least getting his momentum forward to try and stretch or dive for the first down. He is still a younger player and will hopefully break these bad habits and get better, but it is the little mental mistakes that have been frustrating to watch. In fact, the team this year has made far more mental mistakes then they should have made, but, I guess it is a product of youth.