Brad Stewart is an athlete

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Why does it bother some of y'all so much that Dottie1145 and declinometer are big fans of Brad Stewart? I was one of the first who looked at his film last year and said, "Eh, he's not fast enough." However, once we offered him and he committed and signed, as a Tech fan I was hoping I would be proven wrong. So far, you must admit, he's exceeded expectations as Howell and Philpott were both ranked higher coming in. So what if Dottie1145 and declinometer want to rub it in on us every now and then and say, "Told you so." Some of the angry comments directed at them are starting to become personal attacks on Brad, and he aint done anything to deserve it. If Dottie and declinometer are getting on your nerves, the best way to handle it is to ignore them, not make fun of one of our team members to get under their skin.

Will take your advice. I also posted some positive stuff about the kid early on. Junior film I think is the best film to watch....prolly most just watched senior.

Declinometer

Banned
Look like an idiot? Lol. Dude get over yourself.
No one dislike Brad but you guys(which I'm beginning to question) have turned Brad into a Kardashian. We all get it. He is a good player, hence why he earned a scholarship to a Power 5 school, but all these I told you post are ridiculous.

How about just stop with the childish #thanksbrad BS. It's to the Kardashian level because of your ridiculousness.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
How about just stop with the childish #thanksbrad BS. It's to the Kardashian level because of your ridiculousness.
image.jpg

Wait, so you are the victim now??? LMAO

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I really think any dedicated Tech fan who hasn't seen the junior video on this player does themselves a disservice. WTF else are you going to do as we wait for game #1...engage in pissing contests?

As a junior their QB wasn't as good. I have never seen so many jump balls on a single tape to a guy who not only was covered, but was surrounded by a crowd. And they were mostly moon balls that were not particularly accurate. Every time the guy went up and got it---so many times and in so many improbable situations--I became convinced this guy will be a weapon for us. It's just the style of receiving we often used to make BACKBREAKING 1st downs last year (except Smoov has a tighter window and gets the ball out fast and flat, baby!). I think Johnson saw how this would translate, plus he projects as a good blocker (effort/want to) this is what Johnson offered. Add in 4.0 GPA and what we have heard is impeccable character and there you go.

I compared him to Tyler Melton who I would have liked to have seen play 4 years in our O with a QB like Smoov (accuracy, field vision) and without DT opposite him rightfully getting thrown to most times. T-Mel also flat got it done blocking and was a class act off the field. However all comparisons or analogies are necessarily limited. It would have been more observant to say he's a T-Mel kind of guy that has some DT skills adjusting and blocking out defenders. Whatever the case he is showing big for us so far and I'm glad we got him!

I'll be excited to see Mr Stewart take the field and it's a terrific opportunity for him but I don't like seeing the injuries in our WR corps. Summers can flat out block and we need him. Philpott needs to be healthy/getting reps because his services may also be required this season.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Will take your advice. I also posted some positive stuff about the kid early on. Junior film I think is the best film to watch....prolly most just watched senior.
Hey I kinda ragged on him a little in one post. But I don't want Brad to feel like fans don't support him.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Called that one too :) Watch the tape.

Hell, since this is a pat-yourself-on-the-back thread and I might as well get in on the action and say I called MLD as a likely guy to move to A back. :) #watchthetape

Marshall gotta subtle, quick, & mean little stiff arm. #watchthetape

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no opinions on Dottie although I assume he/she is family/friend to Brad Stewart, but I do roll my eyes at declinometer due to posting history (here and elsewhere) that tends to shower praise on white skill position players in particular and jump to their defense.

I believe I was consistent in a wait-and-see approach with Mr. Stewart because he was not recruited by any of the big-name schools at all and even we were late in the game for him. That typically does not translate to "immediate starter" regardless of injuries. Tony Zenon was a similar athletic, dominant in private school competition type athlete, albeit without the measurables of Brad Stewart, and he was a contributor on the team later in his career.

I'm very excited to see what he can do on the field. I think he can be great for us.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Curious we haven't heard a peep about either Philpot or Howell. Worse is we've heard Messick needs to toughen up. We should all be very glad Stewart came along at the end. It wasn't that long ago when last minute takes were real reaches. Lately it's been PJ Davis and Brad Stewart. I think it says something about how far we've come as a program. Or maybe we've just been lucky twice, I dunno. ;)

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Hey I kinda ragged on him a little in one post. But I don't want Brad to feel like fans don't support him.

Apologies, I just had to vent and have my hissie fit. I'm not above that, sad to say. Dottie & Decl. add a lot to the board in n0n-Brad Stewart threads (wait...do these really exist?!).

I ascribe their behavior herein to their loyalty to Benedictine and to their homeboy Stewart. Sometimes zealotry/love blinds effective analytical communication. In this case it would be logical to assume that Benedictine MUST be a great place and and Stewart a great guy to inspire such protectiveness.

In this way I can understand D&D better--and move to talking about the player and the team, rather than other fonts! Anybody else in?

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Curious we haven't heard a peep about either Philpot or Howell.

IIRC Howell I heard Howell is raw/needs time. Philpot all I've heard is he's missed a fair bit of time with injury. I'm starting to get a little paranoid about injuries at this position with Summers (hopefully just) dinged up as well.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no opinions on Dottie although I assume he/she is family/friend to Brad Stewart, but I do roll my eyes at declinometer due to posting history (here and elsewhere) that tends to shower praise on white skill position players in particular and jump to their defense.

I will say the board could certainly do without blatant "you don't like this player because you're black" posts.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Y’all are ridiculous. I can see it now…

Brad makes a last second game winning catch to beat uga… Forum members rub it in others faces that Brad Stewart is the greatest thing since Yoohoo.

Brad drops the a wide open potential game winning catch and we lose to uga… Forum members rub it in that Brad Stewart is an overrated would be walk-on.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Brad makes a last second game winning catch to beat uga… Forum members rub it in others faces that Brad Stewart is the greatest thing since Yoohoo.

Brad drops the a wide open potential game winning catch and we lose to uga… Forum members rub it in that Brad Stewart is an overrated would be walk-on.

Not true, there just will be a APB out for D&D

He will have earned his stripes way before then.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Look like an idiot? Lol. Dude get over yourself.
No one dislike Brad but you guys(which I'm beginning to question) have turned Brad into a Kardashian. We all get it. He is a good player, hence why he earned a scholarship to a Power 5 school, but all these I told you post are ridiculous.

Dude...did you lose a bet, 'cause your profile pic is some major league trolling...and pretty effin' funny.

As GT fans, NO ONE on here wishes Brad Stewart ill, and all of us want to see him score many TDs and become an All-American and get drafted in the first round and make a billion $$$. Not naming any names, but certain fonts really need to chill out with calling out everyone who disagreed with their opinion on Brad. It's creating a negative environment, and it leaves a bad taste whenever the name "Brad Stewart" comes up...and none of it is Brad's fault. From what we've read and heard about him, he's a dream SA...works hard on and off the field, and he's making the most of his opportunity. Unfortunately, a few fonts are poisoning the well for him.