Brad Stewart Career Highlight Video

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Short film left out a number of tough, clutch catches he made in his senior year. His last year was memorable for some big receptions when we needed it most, with not one drop.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Very nice video, thank you for posting it!

I would love to see another video highlighting his blocking. I cannot count the times he blocked so well that he helped to spring many long runs and touchdowns from his fellow running-back teammates. He was superb unselfish teammate in a highly team-oriented spread option offensive system.

As CPJ said of him (paraphrasing here): “I wish I had many more Brad Stewarts.”

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
Very nice video, thank you for posting it!

I would love to see another video highlighting his blocking. I cannot count the times he blocked so well that he helped to spring many long runs and touchdowns from his fellow running-back teammates. He was superb unselfish teammate in a highly team-oriented spread option offensive system.

As CPJ said of him (paraphrasing here): “I wish I had many more Brad Stewarts.”
"I'd love to have a whole team of Brad Stewarts" CPJ after Miami.

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I will regret not seeing Brad at WR in a shotgun spread almost as much as Lucas Cox not coming back for another year to play BB after Dwyer graduated. He ran really good routes and normally faked the DBs right out of their cleats.

Btw, this should be part of the film:

Brad's great TD catch is at 2:40. Again, he faked the Miami DB right out of his cleats.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
I will regret not seeing Brad at WR in a shotgun spread almost as much as Lucas Cox not coming back for another year to play BB after Dwyer graduated. He ran really good routes and normally faked the DBs right out of their cleats.

Brad's great TD catch is at 2:40. Again, he faked the Miami DB right out of his cleats.

That was a great route. The defender almost fell down.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I should also have said that Brad's UVA game catch could have been an easy TD if TaQuon had hit him in stride. It wasn't a bad throw, but it could have been a backbreaker.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but this short clip is exactly what was wrong with the GT passing attack mostly.If we had a good system/passing QB this guy would have a NUMEROUS catches as a 2 yr starter..

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but this short clip is exactly what was wrong with the GT passing attack mostly.If we had a good system/passing QB this guy would have a NUMEROUS catches as a 2 yr starter..
We were like most schools when it comes to passing while Brad was here; we had a primary and a secondary receiver. Until last year Brad was the secondary one. You can't blame JT or TaQuon for preferring Ricky Jeune; he was pretty good.

But, yes, TaQuon's limits as a passer did affect his impact in 2018. And, like I implied above, he would have torn up the pea patch in a shotgun spread.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow

It

It was in the film. Brad's TD catch vs Miami is at 1:13.