Bracketology - Let's Do This

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 1.38.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 1.40.28 PM.png

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In your opinion, do you think it hurts us that Pastner doesn't get on refs for not calling certain things?

I've heard several times during games that Pastner doesn't like getting on referees about those calls. It certainly seems it hurts us given the foul differentials.
Depends upon the ref. Some refs are pretty impervious to that, but there are some that can be intimidated, those are the ones that not getting on them more can hurt you.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The thing about Loyola is you can make runs against them, but they just find a way of erasing those runs by going on their own runs. Illinois is in a LOT of trouble. Looking like they're going to be the first #1 seed knocked out this year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The thing about Loyola is you can make runs against them, but they just find a way of erasing those runs by going on their own runs. Illinois is in a LOT of trouble. Looking like they're going to be the first #1 seed knocked out this year.
The last 4 min or so ILL has gotten this much more to the tempo they want, but Loyola has been able to make baskets on offense so ILL hasn't been able to make a significant dent on the scoreboard.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If Loyola gets past IL, I will gladly cheer for them. Great D scheme and some of the stuff they run on O is really good. I really liked the little circle play they came out of the TO with. IL is not playing smart but a lot of the credit goes to Loyola.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Man, watching Loyola against Illinois just gives me a feeling of what we could have done against the Illini. Loyola and GT are so similar in terms of opportunistic defenses. I think Kofi would have had his hands full with Moses's mobility and athleticism. Ifs and buts...

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Loyola needs to quit hedging the ball screen so hard. IL is finally figuring out to just dump the ball to the rim with the hedge. Took them way too long to figure that out

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dosunmu has been bad today. That is the second time in a couple of min that Krutwig has stolen the ball out of his hands.
9 pts, 2 rb, 3 assts, 6 TO for Ayo.

Heckuva game for Loyola and for Krutwig.
19 pts, 12 rbs, 5 assts, 3 stl, 3 TO.

ILL going to be the first #1 to go down. Very impressive by Loyola. 17 TO for ILL.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Pretty sure he's not the only one right now. I believe Seth Davis had Illinois winning it all

EDIT...he has Gonzaga