Bracketology - Let's Do This

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sure he means the second half. Jose was a little ginger to start, but it was probably more caution than anything. By the end he was moving fine.
Got it. Sometimes those things swell up over night. At least they did 20+ years ago when I used to play basketball :)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
UNC fell in NET 1 spot as did GT. I really do not understand NET lol.

It's easier to understand if you don't treat the NET as a ranking system trying to differentiate between relatively similar teams, and instead as a grouping system trying to lump relatively similar teams together. Small changes like that shouldn't really looked into, although at certain spots it does make a difference but that's more because of the breakpoints established by Q1 vs Q2 etc

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
It's easier to understand if you don't treat the NET as a ranking system trying to differentiate between relatively similar teams, and instead as a grouping system trying to lump relatively similar teams together. Small changes like that shouldn't really looked into, although at certain spots it does make a difference but that's more because of the breakpoints established by Q1 vs Q2 etc
That is the problem. The NCAA has it set so beating the 29th best team is significantly more impressive than beating the 33rd ranked team.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
That is the problem. The NCAA has it set so beating the 29th best team is significantly more impressive than beating the 33rd ranked team.

I do believe though that the resume given to the committee does include the NET rankings of the individuals teams by quadrants so they can see "close to Q1 wins" where most people on the internet, myself included, just stick with the raw quadrant numbers because nobody has time for looking at that type of stuff for every team.

Now how much the committee looks at that I dunno.

slugboy

Staff member
Kansas officially forfeits to Texas in the Big12 semifinal because of COVID. Kansas also suddenly on a COVID/NCAA Tourney bubble.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw it on another thread, but honestly NCAA should just delay the tournament by like a week so things get sorted out going into the bubble.

Milwaukee

Banned
For some reason I've never actually looked at the top 25 polls until now. Can someone explain why basically the entire Big 10 and Big 12 occupy the top 25 including teams that are only 1 game over .500 in conference? Something about this just screams SEC West syndrome. Every win is a "good" top 25 win and every loss is a "good" top 25 loss.
Big10 and Big12 are really good this season, especially Big10. No conspiracy here.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The problem with pausing the tournament is that there is no guarantee other teams wouldn’t get sick.

This is a big business and neither the NCAA, nor the member schools, can afford a second missed tournament. That’s why we saw the “stand by” Teams get created.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw it on another thread, but honestly NCAA should just delay the tournament by like a week so things get sorted out going into the bubble.
Agree it makes sense, but not going to happen. CBS has the Masters the weekend after the final 4.

Deleted member 2897

Pausing accomplishes nothing. Some teams can clear up and test negative, but new teams could pick it up. Just move forward. It won’t be perfect, but whatever we end up with will be better than nothing. Especially since Duke isn’t there.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Pausing accomplishes nothing. Some teams can clear up and test negative, but new teams could pick it up. Just move forward. It won’t be perfect, but whatever we end up with will be better than nothing. Especially since Duke isn’t there.

I was thinking more go to Indianapolis into the bubble and quarantine for a week before starting play.

Deleted member 2897

I was thinking more go to Indianapolis into the bubble and quarantine for a week before starting play.

Isn’t that what they’re doing? Games don’t start until next Friday for 1/2, Saturday for the other 1/2.