Bracketology - Let's Do This

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
I still think we need one win in the ACCT...but maybe that’s just GT fan paranoia. But if we lose to the 12/13 seed (assuming we don’t get the double bye) I’ll be worried on Selection Sunday. I think if we get the double bye and lose to the 5 we’ll probably make it. It’s not a sure thing though

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah, it's called League Commissioners. Got a text from our Commish tonight saying he was impressed with our women (and men) and both will be in the NCAA. He will fight for us and he has deep history with the selection committee. He was on it two years ago (and last year, I think).
A Google search still lists Swofford as the commish, so I don’t feel so bad about not thinking about Phillips being commissioner yet. ACC.com is updated, though.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What happens to the Lunardi bracket if Duke wins by 10+ today and hangs around for more than a day in Greensboro? Who drops out if they are in? I still feel Duke is one of the most talented teams in the country, but have not found their way to win consistently. But, it could happen. When it does, all those 5* guys will be very hard to beat.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Not singling you out since this has been brought up a lot. There's context missing with wins and losses for a lot of teams this year.

100% agree. I think 'context' will only matter if the committee is taking a deeper look between teams 'on the bubble'. I hope Tech is firmly off the bubble and will be penciled in as a 10-11 seed without the committee needing to look any deeper than our conference record and NET. (Plus hopefully our ACCT wins.)

But when they're choosing among the last few in. That's where I think 'context' will come into play.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What happens to the Lunardi bracket if Duke wins by 10+ today and hangs around for more than a day in Greensboro? Who drops out if they are in? I still feel Duke is one of the most talented teams in the country, but have not found their way to win consistently. But, it could happen. When it does, all those 5* guys will be very hard to beat.
Probably worth a call-out that Lunardi would not earn an at-large berth if all bracketologists were seeded for a tournament based on accuracy (#55 out of 133).

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
A string of texts from him just over 1 week would be ****ing funny to read.
Even the “rallied his team” comment implies somehow this team has fundamentally changed and no one could have seen it coming. Nope. Still the same players who started against Ga State and Mercer.

Would be refreshing to hear a commentator say “Pastner made a calculated gamble to protect his team early from Covid so he could make a deep run when he got to conference play, and it seemingly paid off.”
That statement would be no more dishonest than the pundits who give backhanded compliments or explain away Tech wins.

But I’m in Tech persecution complex mode right now. I just want Tech to get some straight up credit right now without endless qualifiers. And how about a couple of MVPs while we are at it.