Bracketology - Let's Do This

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I still think we are likely to actually get seeded higher than projections because of the way projections are updating a pre-existing bracket while the committee will create one from nothing.

I can see why they wouldn't want to project huge movement this late in the year, but I think they are overweighing the two early losses as a result of that methodology. Of course it's speculation, and maybe some hope, on my part

JacketMicMan

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't want a play in game in the NCAAs, too tiring for a short bench.
But under that scenario we are in. I’ll take that. Another issue with a short bench would be a deep run in the ACC tournament. Remember 1993. Win the ACC tournament and lose in the first round NCAA to Southern. Thankfully we have Usher energy.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
But under that scenario we are in. I’ll take that. Another issue with a short bench would be a deep run in the ACC tournament. Remember 1993. Win the ACC tournament and lose in the first round NCAA to Southern. Thankfully we have Usher energy.
I want at least one of the byes. Better a 10 or even 11 than an 8 or 9.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.31.02 PM.png

runnerbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
i was so focused tonight on us getting in by winning that i almost forgot to savor rat face not getting in by losing. helluva night for the good guys.

slugboy

Staff member
Not surprising with not much movement in the NET. Home game against #57 and win in OT.
Although, if you’re going to argue that computer models don’t catch everything, last night is a good example :D.

Duke is a 5* team, playing for their NCAA lives, giving us their best desperation shot. Or PG is hobbling, we still win, and the computer poll is “meh”.

No worries—Wake Forest is now the most important game of the regular season.