Bracketology - Let's Do This

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Saw a Twitter argument about Baylor vs Michigan and how Baylor’s loss @Kansas after a COVID pause wasn’t anywhere near as bad as Michigan’s. Saw there loss was also Q1 and was curious to see who it was... Minnesota. Man I hope the Big 10 gets spanked in the NCAAT to put some of this to rest.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Saw a Twitter argument about Baylor vs Michigan and how Baylor’s loss @Kansas after a COVID pause wasn’t anywhere near as bad as Michigan’s. Saw there loss was also Q1 and was curious to see who it was... Minnesota. Man I hope the Big 10 gets spanked in the NCAAT to put some of this to rest.
Maybe it’s my hatred for Michigan but I’m still not sold on them. I think if all the 1seeds they’ll be the first to be bounced.

Deleted member 2897

Bracket Matrix has finally caught up and has us firmly in the field, with 95 of 116 brackets including us and averaging a 11.46 seed. Nice to finally see us jump that line, and hoping we can continue to climb with more wins.

{LINK}

Well KenO is #30 now, so that sure smells like a 7 seed - err 11.5 seed to me!

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Update 3/1:

KenPom: 30 (prev. 32)
NET: 41 (prev. 40)
Sagarin: 40 (prev. 42)
BracketMatrix: We're in 95 out of 116 brackets with a avg. seed of 46 (prev. 53/100 w/ avg of 11.42)

This is the first time I've seen us above the line in bracketmatrix!!!

Bubble games to watch:

Indiana @Michigan State
Fresno State @Boise State
Duke @GT:buzz:

Deleted member 2897

Update 3/1:

KenPom: 30 (prev. 32)
NET: 41 (prev. 40)
Sagarin: 40 (prev. 42)
BracketMatrix: We're in 95 out of 116 brackets with a avg. seed of 46 (prev. 53/100 w/ avg of 11.42)

This is the first time I've seen us above the line in bracketmatrix!!!

Bubble games to watch:

Indiana @Michigan State
Fresno State @Boise State
Duke @GT:buzz:

Indiana/Michigan State is one where the entire world loses regardless. They are both 7-10 in the Big Ten, and Indiana is 12-12 overall.

The cutoff in the Big Ten should be after 6th place. 7th and 8th are Maryland and Rutgers, both around 0.500 in the Big Ten. Maryland has Northwestern and Penn State. Win out and they're 11-9, 17-10 and should be in. (Their NET is in the 20s.) Rutgers should be out after getting demolished by Nebraska. They have only bad Minnesota left. They'll likely finish 10-10, 14-10. They haven't beaten a single team with a winning record in 2021. They are one of those cases where the NET looks silly.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Think I'll be rooting for Indiana against MSU. I think Indiana loses to Purdue. With a crowded schedule MSU stealing one against Michigan would jump them up so much, so need them to get all the extra losses we can.

Deleted member 2897

They're the only team in the top 50 to not have played a single Quad 1 game.

In addition to a thin schedule, they've also played a shallow schedule, playing half as many games (12) as Gonzaga (24).

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
That article on Colgate I think is good read on what’s causing the NET to be so off base this year. As the article mentions, hopefully the committee understands this.
Yeah I think with the committee we aren’t the bubble team that the media makes us out yo be. I think the committee will mostly dismiss the first two loses, because if we played those today we would easily win both. That, along with our close losses and top heavy conference schedule, we should easily be in the pod of teams considered as the third/fourth/fifth best team in the conference with UVA and FSU being the clear top two. I just hope that if the committee see us that way, they don’t slap us with a 8/9 seed.