Bracketology - Let's Do This

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope the tweet is right about what the issue is. While those 2 losses are huge anchors and the committee doesn't have the "last 10 games results" rule anymore, I do think in this Covid year that the first 2 games when GT hadn't figured out how to deal with Covid would be a reasonable part of the results to minimize (not overlook entirely). Plus the SOS we have in the league I am hoping gets us brownie points. The margin is without a doubt smaller due to the first games and god help us if we lose to Wake or even SYR, but I think/hope we are in better shape with the committee than Lunardi has us now.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope the tweet is right about what the issue is. While those 2 losses are huge anchors and the committee doesn't have the "last 10 games results" rule anymore, I do think in this Covid year that the first 2 games when GT hadn't figured out how to deal with Covid would be a reasonable part of the results to minimize (not overlook entirely). Plus the SOS we have in the league I am hoping gets us brownie points. The margin is without a doubt smaller due to the first games and god help us if we lose to Wake or even SYR, but I think/hope we are in better shape with the committee than Lunardi has us now.
Personally, I think that the heartbreaker at Clemson or not being able to close UVA in Charlottesville were much bigger (and more impactful) losses with respect to our tournament chances to the committee.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally, I think that the heartbreaker at Clemson or not being able to close UVA in Charlottesville were much bigger (and more impactful) losses with respect to our tournament chances to the committee.
Agreed, while those early losses hurt, it's the lack of quality wins that's hurting us the most. Being 3-5 or 4-4 in Q1 games had we beaten one or both of UVA & Clemson would make our resume firmly in the tourney I think.

Still, VT win was huge and we have the chance at beating multiple bubble teams in Duke and Cuse along with a chance for 1-2 more Q1 wins at the ACC tourney.

Would be nice to have solidified a spot, but we win and we're in at this point.

Deleted member 2897

Agreed, while those early losses hurt, it's the lack of quality wins that's hurting us the most. Being 3-5 or 4-4 in Q1 games had we beaten one or both of UVA & Clemson would make our resume firmly in the tourney I think.

Still, VT win was huge and we have the chance at beating multiple bubble teams in Duke and Cuse along with a chance for 1-2 more Q1 wins at the ACC tourney.

Would be nice to have solidified a spot, but we win and we're in at this point.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have more Q1 wins. But that's not the issue with us getting in. Nobody knows what it is yet. The #4 NET team has 2 Q1 wins - just like us. The #8 team has 2 wins. The #10 team has 1 Q1 win. #12 has 0. #21 is 0-3 in Q1 games.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I saw the prop with the field vs Gonzaga/Baylor. It was -160 and I almost pulled the trigger.

Too easy for some team to get unconscious from deep while they go cold and get upset.

Plus, I think Michigan could beat either head-to-head.
I laid some money on Michigan to win it all.

They are a full team. And battle tested.

Deleted member 2897

Looking around the prognostication landscape today. Get ready for some hilaritity:

GT in a play-in game as a 12 against WKentucky. I'd take it! Then we face 5 Creighton if we win. Then 4 Oklahoma. All 3 infinitely beatable.

Of note, Florida State is a 3 seed, Clemson is a 4 seed, Virginia is a 5 seed, Virginia Tech is a 6 seed, Louisville is an 8 seed. That's it - 5 ACC TEAMS, LOLOLOL, plus us in a play-in.

The Last 4 in are us (38 NET), Oregon (47 NET), Michigan State (75 NET), WKentucky (76 NET). See something that doesn't fit?

8 Big Ten Teams.

A discussion on if 1 single ACC team will make it to the Elite 8, LOL. Well if they only let a few into the tournament, its a reasonable bet!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Penn State just got thumped by Purdue. They have lost five out of six with that one win being against a horrible Nebraska team. How are they one spot behind us in NET? They will probably go up because they’re in the big ten.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Pastner had a great interview with “Bald Men Not on Campus.” He’s pushing for the ACC to get more teams in the tournament, but he recognizes that these are “must-win” games coming up. I don’t know how to attach files to my post, but you can find it on ramblinwreck.com.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 8.56.57 AM.png

Deleted member 2897

Penn State just got thumped by Purdue. They have lost five out of six with that one win being against a horrible Nebraska team. How are they one spot behind us in NET? They will probably go up because they’re in the big ten.

Yea to me the whole thing is a joke at this point.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking around the prognostication landscape today. Get ready for some hilaritity:

GT in a play-in game as a 12 against WKentucky. I'd take it! Then we face 5 Creighton if we win. Then 4 Oklahoma. All 3 infinitely beatable.

Of note, Florida State is a 3 seed, Clemson is a 4 seed, Virginia is a 5 seed, Virginia Tech is a 6 seed, Louisville is an 8 seed. That's it - 5 ACC TEAMS, LOLOLOL, plus us in a play-in.

The Last 4 in are us (38 NET), Oregon (47 NET), Michigan State (75 NET), WKentucky (76 NET). See something that doesn't fit?

8 Big Ten Teams.

A discussion on if 1 single ACC team will make it to the Elite 8, LOL. Well if they only let a few into the tournament, its a reasonable bet!
I honestly think there's no way we get in over Duke or UNC unless there's a big difference in our resumes. If it's anywhere close, they will send the blue bloods.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
are we rooting for UNC or FSU?
are we rooting for UL or dook?

(UL finishes with @dook, @VT, UVA. they could lose all 3 and finish 7-7)
(UNC finishes FSU, @Cuse, dook)
(dook finishes FSU, @GT, @UNC)