Bracket Challenge 2019

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Eh, seems like all 3 are .. pass the ball around for 28 seconds then jak up a shot. Sure the 'action' is different and much more insightful for UM/UVA but the result is the same .. pass the ball around for 28 seconds, jak up a shot.

They are more skilled and make better passes and take better shots than us which, in my eyes, is the only difference. That's clearly a hottake but it's not far from right. Come at me, bros.

Can you imagine our guys trying to run an elevator screen? Holy moly...

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
shaq.gif
I opened this hoping it was 2004 and Ish was ****ting all over Bobby Knight.....

Man I really thought we had something special building then.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, what's up with this ...

... what are their fans upset about? Was a great game. They lost fair and square.

Just answering your question, you be the judge. While I wanted Purdue to win, I didn't agree with the foul call on the 3-point shooter.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just answering your question, you be the judge. While I wanted Purdue to win, I didn't agree with the foul call on the 3-point shooter.

Neither of those plays were "close" enough to even be considered controversial imho.

The overhead angle showed the ball was clearly nowhere near the kid's leg on the o.o.b. play. And the TN player clearly contacted the shooter on that shot attempt.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Neither of those plays were "close" enough to even be considered controversial imho.

The overhead angle showed the ball was clearly nowhere near the kid's leg on the o.o.b. play. And the TN player clearly contacted the shooter on that shot attempt.
Looks like leg kick-out to me. Watch where the shooter lifts up from on the floor and where the Tennessee player lands. Not sure the Vol players goes into the shooter's original cylinder, if that makes sense.

That's aside from the "do you call this foul at that point in the game?" debate, which I'm sure some subscribe to.

I agree on the out-of-bounds call. Though this is a new complaint angle I hadn't seen/heard until doing the Twitter search. I think the narrator is counting a little too fast, for what it's worth.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Looks like leg kick-out to me. Watch where the shooter lifts up from on the floor and where the Tennessee player lands. Not sure the Vol players goes into the shooter's original cylinder, if that makes sense.

That's aside from the "do you call this foul at that point in the game?" debate, which I'm sure some subscribe to.

I agree on the out-of-bounds call. Though this is a new complaint angle I hadn't seen/heard until doing the Twitter search.

I'm with you on the 'do you call that .. now?' question. At best then, it's a 50/50 thing and not overtly "wrong".

Was it a kick-out? I say 'no' because the dude's legs kicked forward and in the normal course of his shot. The TN player ran into his hip-area which makes it "eligible" (for lack of a better word) to be a clear foul call.

The o.o.b. call wasn't even close to me. Ball didn't change direction or rotation as it passed the leg. That's how I saw it.

Pay no attention to the fact that I need all these $EC teams to lose. I'm not biased ... at all. :whistle:

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck

I agree on the out-of-bounds call. Though this is a new complaint angle I hadn't seen/heard until doing the Twitter search. I think the narrator is counting a little too fast, for what it's worth.

Ignore the fact that I married into a family that is Vol CRAZY, but if you put a stop watch on that inbound play, I got 4.76 seconds from the time he was handed the ball until he passed it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you on the 'do you call that .. now?' question.

I did not see the game or the play. Was there blood on the floor? Isn't that the rule of thumb for calling a foul in the last 10 seconds of a critical NCAA Tourney game? (See: UCF-Duke)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I did not see the game or the play. Was there blood on the floor? Isn't that the rule of thumb for calling a foul in the last 10 seconds of a critical NCAA Tourney game? (See: UCF-Duke)

I'm here for all the anti-Duke barbs, sir. Keep 'em comin'.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Heck, all I know is that I did multiple brackets...on one I let ESPN do its random selection thing....on the others, I thought and researched and made my own selections. Guess which one is doing the best?

Yeah.

So, what do I know?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
UNC mailed that first half in. No effort on the boards at all. Auburn is going full Rodman against White, foul non-stop and they won't call it.