Bracket Challenge 2019

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think Gonzaga Duke and UNC are 1 seeds. UVA UK and FSU as 2 seeds. UT could be a 1 but Houston will be in among the group somewhere. A B10 school will be in there probably M-state just for PC by the committee. Some up here in tobacco road think ACC will get 3 number 1 seeds. UVA has fallen in the standings recently. They allow teams to hang around too long that shouldn't with their methodical play.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
UNC is playing really well right now. They don't have a dominant big man but they have really got their O rolling and most teams aren't used to the pace they create. They could go all the way.
Duke needs Marquise back for depth. They can go deep as well and can win it all. Both those teams have great PG play.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it, but UNC is playing really really well heading into the tourney. They pass the ball really well in half court and like always they push tempo and run, even after made baskets, better than anyone I think they deserve a #1 seed as much as anyone.

FWIW, watch Coby White while you can. The kid is phenomenal. I still abhor the Holes, but watching him is worth swallowing my vomit for two hours.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
My gut tells me the NCAA gives #1 seeds to Duke, UNC, UVA & Gonzaga. Kentucky & Tennessee both pull #2 seeds. LSU should be at home (or jail) watching on TV but will get a 3. (That's the NCAA's idea of "punishment" for them) Think Michigan & Mich State likely the other #2s

PS, no high seed wants to see Wofford in their first weekend bracket

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in if someone creates it.

What's everyone's thoughts on ACC teams heading into Selection Sunday?

Points of interest:
  • Will the ACC earn three #1 seeds? (Attempting to pull the ACCT convo over here)
  • Which ACC teams on the bubble get in?
With GTAA finances always in mind, here's the annual reminder that Georgia Tech earns $100K+ for every NCAAT game that an ACC team plays in. In other words, we'll earn more $$$ for every ACC team that gets in and for every game an ACC team wins (until the Final 4, I believe).

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Units are earned by playing in a game. This includes the Final Four but not the championship game.
That's what I was thinking... my verbiage probably wasn't the best, but I think it stands... a unit for getting in (i.e., playing 1 game) and then a unit for every game played thereafter until the championship (i.e., every win gets us a pay out up to and until the Final 4).

So even if some folks want Duke to burn, there's a silver lining if they win.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

Points of interest:
  • Will the ACC earn three #1 seeds? (Attempting to pull the ACCT convo over here)
With GTAA finances always in mind, here's the annual reminder that Georgia Tech earns $100K+ for every NCAAT game that an ACC team plays in. In other words, we'll earn more $$$ for every ACC team that gets in and for every game an ACC team wins (until the Final 4, I believe).

I think we still have a shot to get 3 on the top line but probably not. Just think there will be a reason not to. Though TN seems to be doing everything they can to not get to the top line so I guess it depends on whether MSU comes through with style points.

One good thing about AU taking TN to the woodshed is that it should hopefully maybe fingers crossed give NCSU a bit more pixie dust to get through the last 4 in gauntlett.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

Points of interest:
Yep it means more cash for tech but I really, really dont care to see puke or uncheats do well.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
A little off track here but any of you live in Cape Coral/Ft Myers? I’m flying in tomorrow for the week for a family trip but I’m trying to watch some games Thursday and Friday.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If that logic held then UNC should lose its one seed as should UVA and especially Gonzaga. All lost. Not sure who moves up?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Gonzaga shouldnt be a 1 over Tennesee or Michigan State frankly. Unfortunately the reasoning is outside of Gonzagas control but the other two just have better resumes. That said, they are going to get the #1 seed in the West I think.