Bracket Busting

Which would you rather?

• Traditional Bracket - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Traditional Bracket - for bragging rights only

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for bragging rights only

• Both - for $5 Each submission, 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest for each style

• Both - for bragging rights only

• Total voters

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Memphis got f***** by the refs. Shoulda been a timeout ref calls jumpball Fau gets the ball and hits game winner.

Possession arrow is stupid..

I think the call could've gone either way.

But possession arrow is stupid.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hated the way the officials called the game, more like MMA vs basketball. Barnes and Tenn get credit for a great and well executed game plan. Turned into men vs boys in a street fight. The men won easily.

It happened to Duke so I personally DGAF. They've benefited from a favorable whistle far too many times for me to cry for them today.

That said, I totally agree and hate when a team advances/wins simply because the refs literally couldn't call all the fouls. Justice usually catches up with the team advancing due to those circumstances. Sooner or later they run into a crew that sets a 'tight whistle' tone.

slugboy

Staff member
It happened to Duke so I personally DGAF. They've benefited from a favorable whistle far too many times for me to cry for them today.

That said, I totally agree and hate when a team advances/wins simply because the refs literally couldn't call all the fouls. Justice usually catches up with the team advancing due to those circumstances. Sooner or later they run into a crew that sets a 'tight whistle' tone.
Baseball fans know something about Tennessee playing by MMA rules

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I hated the way the officials called the game, more like MMA vs basketball. Barnes and Tenn get credit for a great and well executed game plan. Turned into men vs boys in a street fight. The men won easily.
Really, because they called two fouls in the first few minutes against the Tennessee center on a couple of flops. While I have hated Barnes' physical style of play since he was at Clemson, the flopping is much worse and is not basketball, it's soccer.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Well I'll give you this. KSU played 10 guys, and that's how we looked down the stretch when our rotation was deeper for the sake of playing guys.

Refs let things go in the NCAAT that are usually called in the ACC. It can be a war out there at times and teams with depth can weather fouls better. Sometimes hard to adjust to the difference in officiating, especially for young teams. Scheyer got outcoached by a very experienced Rick Barnes today. Duke really looked like a young teams today.

Last edited:

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Refs let things go in the NCAAT that are usually called in the ACC. It can be a war out there at times and teams with depth can weather fouls better. Sometimes hard to adjust to the difference in officiating, especially for young teams. Scheyer got outcoached by a very experienced Rick Barnes today. Duke really looked like a young teams today.
Duke moved the ball well early and got open looks. Once the reaching and grabbing accelerated, they started driving into traffic over and over. They definitely played like an inexperienced team with an inexperienced coach.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Really, because they called two fouls in the first few minutes against the Tennessee center on a couple of flops. While I have hated Barnes' physical style of play since he was at Clemson, the flopping is much worse and is not basketball, it's soccer.
The second one was not close to a flop. The first was a thrown elbow that was a foul without the flop. Tenn had 11 fouls called against them. If the refs called it as they did in the KU-Arkansas game 5 Tenn players would have fouled out

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Duke moved the ball well early and got open looks. Once the reaching and grabbing accelerated, they started driving into traffic over and over. They definitely played like an inexperienced team with an inexperienced coach.

unimpressed chris farley GIF

Soraya Montenegro Cry GIF by México

Season 3 Reaction GIF by Good Trouble

(I know, I know... you weren't taking up for them. I just can't resist dancin' on their grave.)