Bracket Busting

Which would you rather?

• Traditional Bracket - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Traditional Bracket - for bragging rights only

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for bragging rights only

• Both - for $5 Each submission, 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest for each style

• Both - for bragging rights only

• Total voters

MidtownJacket

Staff member
1678295543847.png

Good people, it has come to our attention that the Madness of March shall soon be upon us. While our boys in white and gold play for their lives in hopes of winning out the ACCT and taking their rightful spot at the top of the pantheon of sport (as a member of the 2023 NCAAT) I humbly come before you with the following poll to gauge interest in joining either or both of the following formats for a bracket competition this year.

Options to consider, do we want a nominal entrance fee $5 or play it for bragging rights and official GT Basketball Fan Ice Cream Naming Rights?
Do we do traditional bracket?
Do we do an Upset Bracket where you get bonus points for upset picks? (This requires paying though the site: pickhoops.com so we would pay that out of the collected wagers first)

1678301300265.png

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
A couple hours left to get your picks in.

Reminder: the winner of the pool is the authority on all things GT basketball for the next year. Their opinions are to be taken as truth.
Too much risk, then, for me to enter the pool. What if I won it all? Y'all can't handle my "truth". (Heck, I doubt I can...) What's more, the last cult I started didn't turn out so well—not for me, and not for my followers . The only person here who would be safe is @kg01, because he is terrible at following anyone (except for those voices in his head)...

Edit: not that there's much risk of me winning. I'm the guy who picked Italy vs. Netherlands in the 2018 World Cup finals.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
What's the group pw?
edit: NM, it's locked after the games begin. I got my bracket done in time, but didn't get around to joining

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Too much risk, then, for me to enter the pool. What if I won it all? Y'all can't handle my "truth". (Heck, I doubt I can...) What's more, the last cult I started didn't turn out so well—not for me, and not for my followers . The only person here who would be safe is @kg01, because he is terrible at following anyone (except for those voices in his head)...

Edit: not that there's much risk of me winning. I'm the guy who picked Italy vs. Netherlands in the 2018 World Cup finals.

I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that the winner gets mod powers for 24 hours. If that's true and I winitall ...

gone girl GIF

;)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that the winner gets mod powers for 24 hours. If that's true and I winitall ...

gone girl GIF

;)
Better than that they get to choose 3 users to permaban but also have to sign up to listen to MaryKate reading all reported threads in her voice from full house for a month.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Importance of shooting, if I'm hearing correctly:

Furman outscored UVA by 24 pts from 3.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
What's the group pw?
edit: NM, it's locked after the games begin. I got my bracket done in time, but didn't get around to joining
Same here. I'm just seeing this post. Good luck to everyone who doesn't have Kansas or Purdue in their Final 4 mainly cause I kept having them getting upset