BR: Re-Ranking the Top 2020 Class

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Oouuuu. I can’t wait until the CPJ fanatics get a hold of this article. This thread will be another fun one

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Great press for GT! We'll take it! No one has questioned CGC's ability to recruit.

What was the basis of this re ranking btw?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Great press for GT! We'll take it! No one has questioned CGC's ability to recruit.

What was the basis of this re ranking btw?

It’s kind of a joke to re-rank at this point, but their basis is solely on Sims/Gibbs. So basically our vacancy at QB and Mason getting hurt allowed us to get two studs on the field at high profile positions earlier than most teams would.

Im not saying we might not look back at that class as underanked down the line, but I am saying it’s silly to re-rank classes when probably 2/3 of the ‘20 class around the country hasn’t played a down and 100% didn’t get a full spring.

That being said, not upset about the positive press. Take it, spread it, sell it.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Take any positive press we can get. UGA gets press all the time and yet so many of their guys don’t pan out but the press helped get the next guy. They got huge press over Eason and they rode it even though it was a mirage. The same with Fields and so many other high end players. I agree it’s silly to rank this class now but the whole game is PERCEPTION so the next player signs. That’s it.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
This is awesome for next class, too. We are building a lot of momentum on the trail even though it looks like we aren't building on the field. Seniors/Juniors in high school seeing the young guys get an immediate chance? - that's a big one. Let Collins recruit next year and in year 4, make normal adjustments to the coaching staff. After 2 years, PLEASE WHO CARES ABOUT PAST COACHES NOW. How are we going to push this Tech team NOW?