Boycott Sweetwater

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
All you guys with your fancy beers..

I miss quarter beer night at Grumpy's.

Well, maybe not the beer (although I credit Grumpy's with getting me to drink beer). I do miss being able to do stupid stuff like drinking like that with a bunch of friends. Ohh, and Grumpy Dogs - those things were the best.
What about the Grumpy’s beer busts. Walk right down North Ave for late night IHOP.

Damn that was stupid. Seemed fine at the time, tho…

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Let me start off by saying that, for the record, I think TS has been doing a good job as AD. However, i copied the OP for this thread and emailed it to TS. I asked why we would sell Sweetwater at Bobby Dodd if they are going to treat our fans like this. I know he has bigger fish to fry, but I didn’t get even a response. A canned reply would have been nice. Okay, I’m over my butt-hurt. Go Jackets! Boycott Sweetwater!

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Jude (a Belgian Triple) was even packaged in a White and Gold (Pantone 4515c) can, although we refrained from referencing GT directly in the name for all of the obvious trademark reasons.

new-web-featured-photos-7-1024x683.png
I will definitely try that one out. Getting ready to brew a Belgian Pale Ale and then likely a Tripel on the yeast.
Have a six-pack of your Oktoberfest at the house - solid! Having a ofest party for 60-ish friends this weekend, so need to get a few more (to go with 6 kegs of my brews).

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I will definitely try that one out. Getting ready to brew a Belgian Pale Ale and then likely a Tripel on the yeast.
Have a six-pack of your Oktoberfest at the house - solid! Having a ofest party for 60-ish friends this weekend, so need to get a few more (to go with 6 kegs of my brews).
Glad to see another homebrewer! I've moved away from Atlanta so I'm not active at the brewery at all other than board stuff. But I home brew a fair bit myself still. I'm perfecting a 'white stout' that I'm getting pretty proud to share.

Killer Bee

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes, they were ABC, then they switched the name to be aligned with their most popular beer, Red Brick. Then they switched back to ABC recently.

I don't know, but I'm guessing because "Red Brick" was named so based on a quote about 'rebuilding the city one red brick at a time' from the mayor after Sherman burned the city. Since it isn't PC to be associated with anything from that era (even surviving a war crime like burning down a city including people's homes), they wanted to distance themselves from that history.
Not sure people's homes getting burned was the biggest crime happening in Atlanta in the 1800's, but ok 😎

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Not sure people's homes getting burned was the biggest crime happening in Atlanta in the 1800's, but ok 😎

I'm sure you aren't. But the point is the ABC changed their name to Redbrick and back recently based on a desire to disassociate themselves from that quote, which as far as I can tell was the genesis of the city's Phoenix imagery (up from the ashes and all that.)

Last edited:

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sure you aren't. But the point is the ABC changed their name to Redbrick and back recently based on a desire to disassociate themselves from that quote, which as far as I can tell was the genesis of the city's Phoenix imagery (up from the ashes and all that.)
They also switched brewers and were brewing much better beers so it made sense to rebrand back to ABC