Bowling Green

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Jmonty71, Sep 15, 2018 at 11:26 PM.

1. Jmonty71

Jmonty71 Helluva Engineer

Given, we have now played 2 really bad games, do we beat Bowling Green? I mean, we should of beat Pitt and USD, but didn't. Can we beat them?

I'm not sure, at this point.

2. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that we will win but I don’t think we will lose.

My attempt at a Yogi Berra-esque response to lighten the mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwelbo and Jmonty71 like this.
  3. Texwood

Texwood Jolly Good Fellow

F Bowling Green, we can beat Clemson, because that's how this program rolls. I was in the house when a hapless 1-4 GT team beat the living hell out of a 5th ranked South Carolina team 30 years ago.

LibertyTurns, bwelbo and GT_05 like this.
  4. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

GT will beat BG,North Carolina and Virginia and finish the season 4-8

64jacket likes this.
  5. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

again understand that NC is on the road .

6. AUFC

AUFC Ramblin' Wreck

So tired of people saying we should beat USF and Pitt on the road. Those games were toss ups at best, especially USF who is better than half the P5 teams in America.

7. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Most games, home and away are toss ups. There are only a few schools that are going to be favored every week, and that changes as the years pass. Yes Clemp, Bama and a few others are hot now, but there were times it was Mich., Texas, FSU, etc etc.
    I am tired of those that seem to think we should change into a "factory" school for the sake of sports.

GT_05 likes this.
  8. AUFC

AUFC Ramblin' Wreck

TCU isn’t a factory school but they compete every year. Patterson is just a great defensive mind and can spot and develop underrated talent.

It’s crazy to think he and PJ have similarly length tenures. One is regarded as a God by fans and the other is sticking around because ADs give him mindless contract extensions.

9. Animal02

They also have over 100 degree programs compared to about 35 at Tech.

TooTall and AUFC like this.
  10. Vespidae

Vespidae Helluva Engineer

No. USF played a schedule where 8 of the wins were against sub .500 teams. Five didn’t win 3.

We are talented enough. Coach can’t take the game from the practice field to the stadium.

jchens_GT, bwelbo and smokey_wasp like this.
  11. Vespidae

Vespidae Helluva Engineer

Tech should be about 8-3 every year. Beat the teams we should beat and lose to the factories. We simply have zero consistency after 11 years.

jchens_GT, bwelbo and smokey_wasp like this.
  12. Animal02

But then you have people complaing we don't schedule Auburn and Bama etc.

13. Jacketman

Jacketman Helluva Engineer

Yes we will beat BG. Call me crazy, and maybe this is a bit too optimistic, but I have a feeling of a GT win against Clemson. Of course, the mind says no, but the heart says "please be yes!".

14. sgreer

sgreer Ramblin' Wreck

I am not expecting a “factory” school. I was hoping CPJ could take Tech to Top 25 status most seasons because I believe it is possible. I give him credit for some really good seasons but unfortunately it feels to me that the experiment needs to end. There is no optimism in next year or future- they area a Senior laden team this year and may not make a bowl gene again.

AUFC and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

We beat Florida State a few years ago during the worst year we’ve had in a long time. We can beat Clemson. We just have to make plays for once. No interception-butt-safety-touchdowns, and no early fumbles or special teams errors. We always seem to settle down against them after about 20-25 minutes. We need to get in our groove earlier for once.

GT_05 likes this.
  16. sgreer

sgreer Ramblin' Wreck

Difference is that Clemson’s D Coordinator Venables has been suffocating Tech’s O for several years now- and they have an NFL caliber D-line that will dominate the game. Only hope is for lucky breaks, unbelievable game plan and execution (taking Clemson by surprise) and Clemson making mistakes to beat themselves. I will be pulling for Tech as always but hoping for just a competitive game.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  17. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

After seeing GT’s version of Dr Hyde the 2nd & 3rd weeks of this season, I’m wondering when the GT Dr Jekyll emerges.

I’ll be there Sat and with the 3:30 start will be well lubricated for either eventuality. Go Jackets!

18. Adadu

Adadu Helluva Engineer

If we lose to bowling green, CPJ will not make it to the end of the year.

19. Coloradojacket

Coloradojacket Helluva Engineer

If we lose at Home to BG it would be a travesty. That being said, BG won yesterday but gave up 389 yards on the ground to Eastern Kentucky. Let's just say that we may rush for 600 plus.

GT_05, bwelbo and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Which gives us a 50/50 chance of winning. :cigar: