Bowling Green

Jmonty71

Banned
Given, we have now played 2 really bad games, do we beat Bowling Green? I mean, we should of beat Pitt and USD, but didn't. Can we beat them?

I'm not sure, at this point.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Given, we have now played 2 really bad games, do we beat Bowling Green? I mean, we should of beat Pitt and USD, but didn't. Can we beat them?

I'm not sure, at this point.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that we will win but I don’t think we will lose.

My attempt at a Yogi Berra-esque response to lighten the mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
So tired of people saying we should beat USF and Pitt on the road. Those games were toss ups at best, especially USF who is better than half the P5 teams in America.

Animal02

Banned
So tired of people saying we should beat USF and Pitt on the road. Those games were toss ups at best, especially USF who is better than half the P5 teams in America.
Most games, home and away are toss ups. There are only a few schools that are going to be favored every week, and that changes as the years pass. Yes Clemp, Bama and a few others are hot now, but there were times it was Mich., Texas, FSU, etc etc.
I am tired of those that seem to think we should change into a "factory" school for the sake of sports.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Most games, home and away are toss ups. There are only a few schools that are going to be favored every week, and that changes as the years pass. Yes Clemp, Bama and a few others are hot now, but there were times it was Mich., Texas, FSU, etc etc.
I am tired of those that seem to think we should change into a "factory" school for the sake of sports.
TCU isn’t a factory school but they compete every year. Patterson is just a great defensive mind and can spot and develop underrated talent.

It’s crazy to think he and PJ have similarly length tenures. One is regarded as a God by fans and the other is sticking around because ADs give him mindless contract extensions.

Animal02

Banned
TCU isn’t a factory school but they compete every year. Patterson is just a great defensive mind and can spot and develop underrated talent.

It’s crazy to think he and PJ have similarly length tenures. One is regarded as a God by fans and the other is sticking around because ADs give him mindless contract extensions.
They also have over 100 degree programs compared to about 35 at Tech.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

No. USF played a schedule where 8 of the wins were against sub .500 teams. Five didn’t win 3.

We are talented enough. Coach can’t take the game from the practice field to the stadium.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow

I am not expecting a “factory” school. I was hoping CPJ could take Tech to Top 25 status most seasons because I believe it is possible. I give him credit for some really good seasons but unfortunately it feels to me that the experiment needs to end. There is no optimism in next year or future- they area a Senior laden team this year and may not make a bowl gene again.

Deleted member 2897

We beat Florida State a few years ago during the worst year we’ve had in a long time. We can beat Clemson. We just have to make plays for once. No interception-butt-safety-touchdowns, and no early fumbles or special teams errors. We always seem to settle down against them after about 20-25 minutes. We need to get in our groove earlier for once.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
We beat Florida State a few years ago during the worst year we’ve had in a long time. We can beat Clemson. We just have to make plays for once. No interception-butt-safety-touchdowns, and no early fumbles or special teams errors. We always seem to settle down against them after about 20-25 minutes. We need to get in our groove earlier for once.

Difference is that Clemson’s D Coordinator Venables has been suffocating Tech’s O for several years now- and they have an NFL caliber D-line that will dominate the game. Only hope is for lucky breaks, unbelievable game plan and execution (taking Clemson by surprise) and Clemson making mistakes to beat themselves. I will be pulling for Tech as always but hoping for just a competitive game.