Bowling Green slides in to 2023 schedule

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

The Bowling Green football team is headed back to Atlanta.

The Falcons agreed to a one-game contract with Georgia Tech for Sept. 30, 2023. To accommodate the game, Bowling Green moved its scheduled game with Louisiana Tech to 2029.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A necessary evil as long as everyone else does it.
Sorry, I don’t get fired up knowing that we are playing a team we should wax.
Could care less if everyone else is doing it and we can possibly go 6-6 instead of 5-7.
Rather play an FBS team like Ga. St. or Ga. Southern every year.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I don’t get fired up knowing that we are playing a team we should wax.
Could care less if everyone else is doing it and we can possibly go 6-6 instead of 5-7.
Rather play an FBS team like Ga. St. or Ga. Southern every year.

Would you care about getting left out of playoff at 11-2 when we could have been 12-1? Missing a NY6 game at 9-3 when we could have been 10-2?

We already play both one of the harder OOC schedules and one of the harder cross-division schedules in the country most years. Not much incentive to make it even harder on ourselves.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Would you care about getting left out of playoff at 11-2 when we could have been 12-1? Missing a NY6 game at 9-3 when we could have been 10-2?

We already play both one of the harder OOC schedules and one of the harder cross-division schedules in the country most years. Not much incentive to make it even harder on ourselves.
I don’t think great playoff teams like Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St., et al, are worried about if they can beat an in-State school like State or Southern, rather than a G.Webb or Citadel or Furman. If you’re good, you will beat a team you should beat.
We are in no danger of playing the hardest schedule in the country. Now, when we still had all of those SEC teams when we were an independent.....

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think great playoff teams like Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St., et al, are worried about if they can beat an in-State school like State or Southern, rather than a G.Webb or Citadel or Furman. If you’re good, you will beat a team you should beat.
We are in no danger of playing the hardest schedule in the country. Now, when we still had all of those SEC teams when we were an independent.....

None?

And take a peek at where the three teams you mentioned are on that list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespu...ollege-football-10-hardest-2020-schedules/amp

3GManageer

Georgia Tech Fan
There will be a game at MBS in 2023, so there is still a chance for another P5 opponent to be added.

I personally think the TBD opponent should be G5 but assume it will be FCS.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Couldn’t find any attendance figures on the Ga. Southern game?
I was at the game, and seem to recall we didn’t come close to a sellout, particularly empties on the North End Zone. Although it seemed we did much better than the time Middle Tenn. St. came down here(I believe we had low 30’s?)?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer