Bowling Green Postgame

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I just went to his YouTube channel and his last video was last year. Probably when he let gtswarm. It was WF. Looks like he was doing the videos for us and has since stopped.

I think he has made more recent videos, like for this year, but somehow keeps them unlisted. You can see them when he posts them but not by searching for them, iiuc.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I think he felt like people were ganging up on him but I think they were just joking around. Hopefully he comes back.

The only way I am still here is because I have been extremely liberal with my ignore button. I haven't counted lately but I have to be at or above 200 people ignored. I also deleted Tapatalk. It did a horrible job of hiding ignored users and posts. I don't mind discussions about coaches, players, schemes, etc. I don't want to read anyone's opinion about how individual SAs suck, and I definitely do not want to read anyone's desire that one of GT's SAs break bones so that the back up has to play. The negative aspect of those kinds of asinine comments far outweigh the value that I get from this site.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The only way I am still here is because I have been extremely liberal with my ignore button. I haven't counted lately but I have to be at or above 200 people ignored. I also deleted Tapatalk. It did a horrible job of hiding ignored users and posts. I don't mind discussions about coaches, players, schemes, etc. I don't want to read anyone's opinion about how individual SAs suck, and I definitely do not want to read anyone's desire that one of GT's SAs break bones so that the back up has to play. The negative aspect of those kinds of asinine comments far outweigh the value that I get from this site.

Agreed. I’m glad to see that I’m not on your list...for now. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
If @Longestday had not been run off of the forum, you could watch his analysis and see if the improvement on offense was simply because of the level of competition or if there was better execution. Did we have two linemen blocking the same defensive lineman again? Were there any obvious missed assignments? I know from a casual eye, the pitches looked much better. I don't remember the A-Back having to reach out/down to barely catch the pitch. Was that because of the pitch relationship being better?
Let's remove the level of competition from the equation. Did the offense execute better against Bowling Green than they did against Alcorn St?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Let's remove the level of competition from the equation. Did the offense execute better against Bowling Green than they did against Alcorn St?

Haven't watched anything definitive yet, but:
  • Missed assignments don't really relate to level of competition and according to the radio show last night missed assignments dropped by 70%
  • The pitch relationship looked much better from the stands and on TV.(I haven't watched thoroughly)
  • One pitch was at the facemask of the AB, but all of the others that I remember looked good.
  • The ball was only on the ground one time the entire game.
Better competition can beat blocks and close gaps more quickly. However, the things I listed above were things that GT was struggling with in the previous games regardless of the level of competition and those things looked better.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
It's not a thorough analysis but CPJ indicated that we make lots of mistakes against Alcorn State but our superior athleticism hid the mistakes. I do think we executed better against BG on offense which is a big positive. Defense has me worried. If I were scheming against our D I would have an entire chapter of 3 step drops in the playbook.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It's not a thorough analysis but CPJ indicated that we make lots of mistakes against Alcorn State but our superior athleticism hid the mistakes. I do think we executed better against BG on offense which is a big positive. Defense has me worried. If I were scheming against our D I would have an entire chapter of 3 step drops in the playbook.

The DEf looked many times like Roof had taken over again.I watched 10 games Sat on tv and did not see once so much zone pass def played.Are we that bad, that we depend AGAIN on a opponent to drop the ball?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Well if you believe CPJ, he says Woody isn't ready to install other packages b/c the guys haven't gotten the base defense down yet. If they don't know the base calls how can they go to more advanced ones ?

I ask rhetorically not to get he fire CPJ folks going

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
If @Longestday had not been run off of the forum, you could watch his analysis and see if the improvement on offense was simply because of the level of competition or if there was better execution. Did we have two linemen blocking the same defensive lineman again? Were there any obvious missed assignments? I know from a casual eye, the pitches looked much better. I don't remember the A-Back having to reach out/down to barely catch the pitch. Was that because of the pitch relationship being better?

Pitch relationship was better in that the pitch length was not too far as in the recent past. This has occurred (per CPJ) because the QB has turned up field abruptly and the pitch player has continued laterally. However, there were several pitches this game very short and those pitches were high but handled well. TM mentioned the short pitches in his press conference. He also mentioned that the pitch relationship was worked on in practice. Still needs more work.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Haven't watched anything definitive yet, but:
  • Missed assignments don't really relate to level of competition and according to the radio show last night missed assignments dropped by 70%
  • The pitch relationship looked much better from the stands and on TV.(I haven't watched thoroughly)
  • One pitch was at the facemask of the AB, but all of the others that I remember looked good.
  • The ball was only on the ground one time the entire game.
Better competition can beat blocks and close gaps more quickly. However, the things I listed above were things that GT was struggling with in the previous games regardless of the level of competition and those things looked better.
Agree with all of that. Passing game was much better too.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Defense has me worried. If I were scheming against our D I would have an entire chapter of 3 step drops in the playbook.
and the hurry up no huddle until we can prove that we can get the call and line up quickly.

I sit near the home bench. The one time that we had to punt, we had 3 guys on the punt team that weren't ready or weren't paying attention. That needs to get cleaned up too.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Agree with all of that. Passing game was much better too.

Passing game was much better. TQM had more time to throw. That is one aspect that I can't say definitively whether the improvement was due to the level of competition or if the pass protection was better. Hopefully they are able to give him the same amount of time this week.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Passing game was much better. TQM had more time to throw. That is one aspect that I can't say definitively whether the improvement was due to the level of competition or if the pass protection was better. Hopefully they are able to give him the same amount of time this week.
To be fair, I think we were throwing out of play action against BG and that may not have been the case against Alcorn. But we've had those types of plays in the Pitt and USF game and didn't execute them. Offensive execution all around was better IMO.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I think he has made more recent videos, like for this year, but somehow keeps them unlisted. You can see them when he posts them but not by searching for them, iiuc.

Hope I am not speaking out of turn, but yes, his recent videos are out there on other forums.