Bowl Season

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I may have to scramble to move a few things last minute but I hear nothing but great things about Shreveport? Sioux City? Toledo? Statesboro? Amarillo? Chattanooga? Allentown? Albuquerque? Bowling Green? French Lick? Wichita? this time of year. As long as they have a Pizza Hut, a Dunkin, and a Waffle House, and a liquor store...my bags are packed. Who's with me????????

YeeeeeeLLLLooooooooWWWwww!

You leave Chattanooga out of this. Chattanooga is a gem of a little city.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
It is amazing how much this has changed during my working life.
When I first started working after college it was understood you would come into work unless you were on death's door.
That changed significantly probably around 10 years ago (imo about the time we started seeing more people work from home), as it became much more acceptable to stay home, and finally just plain expected to stay home. Probably the last 5 years if you were coughing and at work people were looking at you funny. I've seen managers tell employees to go home. At this point many companies do not want you at work if you are sick.

When you look at some of the studies it is easy to understand why. The amount of work time lost to illness is pretty incredible. one person comes in sick, infects others and pretty soon you have a whole office missing people.

The other place you see this is at school -drives my wife nutes. If have kids that are sick, but their parents drug them up in the morning to mask the symptoms and pretend they are not sick, but by the afternoon that wears off and you can see those poor kids are really sick and of course are infecting all the other kids who then take it home to their families.

Sorry for the tangent, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Got to imagine that CMU will play in El Paso at the end of the week.
I feel you. As in many things in life I’m still old school. I don’t respect people calling in sick for a cold. Lol. Best believe I’m letting my employees know about the new 5 day quarantine with COVID. Have somebody coming in tomorrow after their 5th day.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I feel you. As in many things in life I’m still old school. I don’t respect people calling in sick for a cold. Lol. Best believe I’m letting my employees know about the new 5 day quarantine with COVID. Have somebody coming in tomorrow after their 5th day.
You're a real tough guy, for sure.:rolleyes:

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
At the time it was still active, it was tied for #2 longest active bowl streak. I believe we were tied with UGA, and the longest at the time was FSU.
At the time we owned the winningest bowl record and the winning streak among major bowls, and the only one to win all the majors, FSU was someone we ordered from the bakery. I think it was in the late 1950s or early'60s.