Bowl Season

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Texas A&M has pulled out of the Gator Bowl due to COVID (currently has only 38 players available). Will have to wait and see if the Gator can get another team lined up to play Wake - which is seeking a record 11th win.

Also, at least a couple of UGA players (JT Daniels and George Pickens) have COVID. How widespread it is right now is not being divulged though there are rumors that it is more than just those 2.

College basketball has been taking it on the chin in the last 10 days with the current outbreak. Will be interesting to see if any bowl games end up not getting played.

Of course by Feb everything will probably be ok again.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
They have announced, if you read the CFP update, they will move it to Jan 14 if necessary, but no later than that. At that point, it would be a NC forfeited for this year.
Would it not be grand if the dwags won their semifinal game, only to see the championship game postponed and then cancelled…the whining sound coming from Athens would be truly epic!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Would it not be grand if the dwags won their semifinal game, only to see the championship game postponed and then cancelled…the whining sound coming from Athens would be truly epic!
Kirby is letting players to go home for Christmas (which is correct) but ANYONE who tests positive after today will not be allowed to play vs Michigan. Harbaugh is keeping his players in "a bubble" (which will be a domino effect if 1 tests positive).

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Alabama is letting players go home as well. I would go with the bubble on campus. Most students will have left. And probably not allow more than x amount of guys to congregate together.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Alabama is letting players go home as well. I would go with the bubble on campus. Most students will have left. And probably not allow more than x amount of guys to congregate together.
I know it is tough to make that decision, but if you are going to test players constantly and do the protocol when they test positive, then the isolation makes sense, as you say.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I know it is tough to make that decision, but if you are going to test players constantly and do the protocol when they test positive, then the isolation makes sense, as you say.

The current ""protocol"" must be based on positive tests for Delta variant. NOTE Florida covid hospitalizations
2020 =August 20 = 18,000 from Delta. Gt football games = no mandate. As season progressed Fla hospitalizations dropped. Nov 29 = 1280,
And Dec 21 = 1380.

Now everyone is getting tested . (Positive Tests Dec 21= 26,000 the second highest ever. )

Surely this the OO variant which is fast spreading.

Either we are in for a terrible calamity or we can declare victory.

Glad i did not buy Sugar bowl tickets.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
UCF looked good against a Bad Florida team. Don’t see us winning that one.
I think what you meant to say was: UCF (playing their most important game since the 2017 Peach Bowl) barely beat a bad, unmotivated Florida team with no coach, and a QB who was transferring after the game. There’s no reason to count that game as a loss already

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think what you meant to say was: UCF (playing their most important game since the 2017 Peach Bowl) barely beat a bad, unmotivated Florida team with no coach, and a QB who was transferring after the game. There’s no reason to count that game as a loss already
I wouldn't say there's no reason.
There's not much to be confident about.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't say there's no reason.
There's not much to be confident about.
There also wasn’t much to be confident about against Clemson, UNC, Virginia, or Miami and we found ways to win/stay in those games. UCF played with as much fire as they had tonight as were very unimpressive on both sides of the ball. They will be about on par with anybody not named Clemson in the ACC next year. Certainly no where near the level of UGA or ND, and therefore they will certainly be beatable.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
There also wasn’t much to be confident about against Clemson, UNC, Virginia, or Miami and we found ways to win/stay in those games. UCF played with as much fire as they had tonight as were very unimpressive on both sides of the ball. They will be about on par with anybody not named Clemson in the ACC next year. Certainly no where near the level of UGA or ND, and therefore they will certainly be beatable.
UCF was missing a bunch of starters, including their starting QB.

Beatable is a relative term. I wouldn't call anyone we play beatable while Collins is here.