Bottom25 11/3/20 (Nebraska #2 and Ga Tech returns)

GT_EE78

Banned
Hey Nebraska - "You aren't the only program affected by a pandemic. I relate to your feelings, and I empathize with them, but nobody wants to hear it."
B10 leads the way with 5 this week. Acc-3, SEC-2, B12-1, P10-who cares?
GT is back at #24, maybe only a win away from the exit ramp.
No Longer Ranked: Duke (23), Ole Miss (22), Michigan State (17), Fresno State (14), Wyoming (13), Rice (11), Maryland (4)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Hey Nebraska - "You aren't the only program affected by a pandemic. I relate to your feelings, and I empathize with them, but nobody wants to hear it."
B10 leads the way with 5 this week. Acc-3, SEC-2, B12-1, P10-who cares?
GT is back at #24, maybe only a win away from the exit ramp.
No Longer Ranked: Duke (23), Ole Miss (22), Michigan State (17), Fresno State (14), Wyoming (13), Rice (11), Maryland (4)

Why is Duke no longer ranked? They should be along with Tech and Syracuse

GT_EE78

Banned
I agree about Duke deserving to be in there.
It's the newbies pushing well deserving teams out.
nearly half the poll is filled with teams that have only played 1,2,3.4 games.
CFP may also have weird issues this year due to unequal number of games

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
yes , but he doesn't share it.
during most years he occasionally provides a link to his 1-130 rankings spreadsheet.
One can infer things from his top ten oddities
(like the W-L must be overweighted and SoS underweighted)
I haven't seen his SS this year.
I went back and read through everyone of the bottom 25 teams credentials. I have to admit, they look solid, everyone of them is deserving including Tech but I believe that the gap between the top 10 bottom feeders and the rest is pretty narrow. Gee, I wonder if Florida fans are glad that their first choice to replace Champ chose to go to Nebraska?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I went back and read through everyone of the bottom 25 teams credentials. I have to admit, they look solid, everyone of them is deserving including Tech but I believe that the gap between the top 10 bottom feeders and the rest is pretty narrow. Gee, I wonder if Florida fans are glad that their first choice to replace Champ chose to go to Nebraska?
With Kiffin and Leach gotta expect An SEC team will hire Hugh Freeze soon. Would love to see him at Auburn or
Tennessee.
If Collins project fails, I’d love to see Tech give Chad Morris his first shot.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
He’s 18-40 as a head coach. I would take him as an OC though
0-20 against Power 5 teams, and his offense at Auburn isn’t exactly lighting it up. 66th in PPG, 65th in total offense, 21st in FEI. I’d hate to see the backup options for somebody that has Chad Morris at the top of his list.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
0-20 against Power 5 teams, and his offense at Auburn isn’t exactly lighting it up. 66th in PPG, 65th in total offense, 21st in FEI. I’d hate to see the backup options for somebody that has Chad Morris at the top of his list.
True he hasnt lit it up with Auburn this season but if we are gonna run a hurry-up spread, you could do a lot worse.

GT_EE78

Banned
With Kiffin and Leach gotta expect An SEC team will hire Hugh Freeze soon. Would love to see him at Auburn or
Tennessee.
If Collins project fails, I’d love to see Tech give Chad Morris his first shot.
Auburn and Tennessee will just have to eat there hearts out.
Freeze just signed thru 2026.
Clearly, since Liberty beat VT by 3 who beat BC by 26 who lost to Clem by 6,
they are a 23 point better team than Clemson and should join the CFP ahead of them :)

GT_EE78

Banned
Unless GT rebounds downward again again, look for this in the college and pro forum next week or subsequent.
I plan to keep posting them over the rest of this season since GT could bounce in and out.
not so likely for next year as we probably move to the middle of 130 FBS teams, but ya never know?
11/10/2020 Stanford joined at #3
"I have made the official decision that only teams who have played a minimum of four games will qualify for The Bottom 25 Playoff this season."
>Well, that sure doesn't help to cleanup in the short run.
FSU and Syr are still in for the ACC.
Vandy,Kansas and the Illini appear to be fighting it out for worst P5 team
With Akron,Blowing Green and UMass hogging the bottom rungs, what's a P5 team gotta do?

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Unless GT rebounds downward again again, look for this in the college and pro forum next week or subsequent.
I plan to keep posting them over the rest of this season since GT could bounce in and out.
not so likely for next year as we probably move to the middle of 130 FBS teams, but ya never know?
11/10/2020 Stanford joined at #3
"I have made the official decision that only teams who have played a minimum of four games will qualify for The Bottom 25 Playoff this season."
>Well, that sure doesn't help to cleanup in the short run.
FSU and Syr are still in for the ACC.
Vandy,Kansas and the Illini appear to be fighting it out for worst P5 team
With Akron,Blowing Green and UMass hogging the bottom rungs, what's a P5 team gotta do?
This made me feel better:

Stanford missed four field goals during its 35-14 loss to Oregon on Saturday. Oregon missed one as well. Nobody made one. This probably didn't alter the game's outcome or anything; it just made me wonder when the last time a game featured at least five field goal attempts, and none of them were successful, so I looked it up. It was in 2006 when UNLV's Sergio Aguayo missed five field goals in a 21-7 loss to San Diego State . (NR)