Bottom 25 (GT movin on up from #9 to #14) 10/22/19

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why we are still ranked in the bottom. We beat a fairly decent Duh U team. Guess it will take 2 more wins to pull out, I suppose.
We got the W and that is all that matters, but we didn’t BEAT duh u. Yes there is difference between winning a game and beating a team. I got a couple of W’s in college but didn’t beat the other team. At the end of the day the W is all that matters.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
We got the W and that is all that matters, but we didn’t BEAT duh u. Yes there is difference between winning a game and beating a team. I got a couple of W’s in college but didn’t beat the other team. At the end of the day the W is all that matters.
When I was at Tech, the Ws I got were not for wins, I just got into the second quarter and needed to reschedule "the game" for a later date.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The F/+ Combined ratings has us 95th out of 130 FBS schools currently, up from 99th last week. Vandy is currently the only P5 school ranked worse than us. Honestly, I don't believe we are a bottom 25 school, but our record isn't stellar, and we do have a loss to a 4-4 FCS school siting on our record right now.
This person runs their own ranking algorithm, and he does a write up of the teams that fall in his bottom 25. I think it's an interesting article series concept since everything is always about "top 25". It's fun to read something different.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This person runs their own ranking algorithm, and he does a write up of the teams that fall in his bottom 25. I think it's an interesting article series concept since everything is always about "top 25". It's fun to read something different.

I know, and I am with you on it. I was more replying to the indignation of a 2 win team that lost to a mediocre FCS team being ranked in the bottom of the football barrell. I think the algorithim for F/+ gives us some credit for strength of opponents that keeps us out of the bottom 25 there, whereas B25 factor heavier on win(less) total in their rankings.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why we are still ranked in the bottom. We beat a fairly decent Duh U team. Guess it will take 2 more wins to pull out, I suppose.

If Miami loses again this week, they will be flirting with bottom 25 status. According to many of the posters on CanesInsight, they already have a bottom 25 PROGRAM which is arguably a worse set of circumstances especially since many of their woes appear to be self inflicted.