Bottom 25 (GT movin on up from #9 to #14) 10/22/19

Deleted member 2897

We beat a program on the road who was ranked #2 in the country 12 games earlier and we’re still ranked at the bottom. Seems legit.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We beat a program on the road who was ranked #2 in the country 12 games earlier and we’re still ranked at the bottom. Seems legit.
Huh? 12 games earlier? Miami was ranked preseason #8 in 2018, and peaked at 16 during the the season and winning 5 in a row after dropping their week 1 game to LSU. They then proceeded to lose 5 of their last 7 including the bowl game. Now they’re 3-4 this year. This whole bottom 25 thing is just for s***ts and giggles anyway, so don’t take it so serious.

Deleted member 2897

Huh? 12 games earlier? Miami was ranked preseason #8 in 2018, and peaked at 16 during the the season and winning 5 in a row after dropping their week 1 game to LSU. They then proceeded to lose 5 of their last 7 including the bowl game. Now they’re 3-4 this year. This whole bottom 25 thing is just for s***ts and giggles anyway, so don’t take it so serious.

Correct, now go look at where they were end of 2017. Count backwards games from here. I may be off by a couple more than 12.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Correct, now go look at where they were end of 2017. Count backwards games from here. I may be off by a couple more than 12.
I just figured I would clear it up. Miami was ranked #2 in weeks 11 and 12 of the 2017 season when they were 9-0 and 10-0 respectively. Then they lost the last 3 games of that season, including the ACCCG to Clem, and the Orange Bowl to Wisconsin. So they haven’t been ranked #2 in 23 games, across 3 different seasons, and 2 different head coaches. They’re also 10-13 in their last 23 games. Guess what Georgia Tech is across their last 23 games? If you guessed 10-13, you be exactly right. That dates back to the 2017 VT game, and 2017 losses to Duke and UGAg.

I’m not trying to downplay the significance of this win. It’s the first time GT has won in Miami since 2007. I’ve even talked about in other threads about how important this win could be for the staff and team. But I’m just trying to say that the Miami team GT played last week is no where near the team that pulled out a 1 point win the last time Tech traveled to the 305. Although on paper this Miami team is more talented than this GT team, but that just speaks to the heart GT played with.

Deleted member 2897

[
I just figured I would clear it up. Miami was ranked #2 in weeks 11 and 12 of the 2017 season when they were 9-0 and 10-0 respectively. Then they lost the last 3 games of that season, including the ACCCG to Clem, and the Orange Bowl to Wisconsin. So they haven’t been ranked #2 in 23 games, across 3 different seasons, and 2 different head coaches. They’re also 10-13 in their last 23 games. Guess what Georgia Tech is across their last 23 games? If you guessed 10-13, you be exactly right. That dates back to the 2017 VT game, and 2017 losses to Duke and UGAg.

I’m not trying to downplay the significance of this win. It’s the first time GT has won in Miami since 2007. I’ve even talked about in other threads about how important this win could be for the staff and team. But I’m just trying to say that the Miami team GT played last week is no where near the team that pulled out a 1 point win the last time Tech traveled to the 305. Although on paper this Miami team is more talented than this GT team, but that just speaks to the heart GT played with.

Wait - we have the same record as Miami but they’re not considered a terrible team? Seems legit.

Yea, it’s more of a gauge of how far they’ve fallen. It’s really hard to go from #2 to a joke that quickly.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
[

Wait - we have the same record as Miami but they’re not considered a terrible team? Seems legit.

Yea, it’s more of a gauge of how far they’ve fallen. It’s really hard to go from #2 to a joke that quickly.
True, but you could see it coming. That team that was #2 pulled off some ridiculously lucky games like beating us, FSU, and a terrible UNC on the road by 5.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Why do people get bent out of shape over this lol? If we can't laugh at ourselves then we are taking this way too seriously. All press is good press. Having one long thread wouldn't change how it behaves. An old thread with a new post still goes to the top, so it's functionally the same.
The good news is the perennial joke up the road is getting laughed at just as much. Open mockery yesterday at work from the UF fans. I told them to just get it done & put the fork in those bastards season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

GT_EE78

Banned
I don't understand why we are still ranked in the bottom. We beat a fairly decent Duh U team. Guess it will take 2 more wins to pull out, I suppose.
There's currently only one team in there with 3 wins, so I'd speculate that one more win would be enough to escape temporarily.2 could get us out for season remainder

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I don't understand why we are still ranked in the bottom. We beat a fairly decent Duh U team. Guess it will take 2 more wins to pull out, I suppose.

The F/+ Combined ratings has us 95th out of 130 FBS schools currently, up from 99th last week. Vandy is currently the only P5 school ranked worse than us. Honestly, I don't believe we are a bottom 25 school, but our record isn't stellar, and we do have a loss to a 4-4 FCS school siting on our record right now.