Boomer's Keys to the Game

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
One more thing: it'll be much cooler up there. That means Shamire will probably be able to play the whole game and at a pretty high level of efficiency. That should help.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
ND isn't tulane and the ability to get good production up the middle will be key all year just as it was last year.
You're right about the competition being tougher (y) I just know if ND wants to stack the box and limit our BB, I won't lose any sleep over it when Snoddy and Quay make them pay.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You're right about the competition being tougher (y) I just know if ND wants to stack the box and limit our BB, I won't lose any sleep over it when Snoddy and Quay make them pay.

Will you lose sleep if we end up having to score two late TD just to make the score look respectable? Because this sounds an awful lot like what we heard at the beginning of last year regarding bback production as well.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I know establishing the dive isn't absolutely necc. And we take advantage of what the Def. is giving us. I'm just saying that if we do pound them with the dive it's probably a really good thing for our whole offense

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I know establishing the dive isn't absolutely necc. And we take advantage of what the Def. is giving us. I'm just saying that if we do pound them with the dive it's probably a really good thing for our whole offense
Hell, I want us to run right at them just like we did Miss St in the Orange Bowl. I love when we impart our will on other teams. My take is just that it isn't a "key" to the game. I am definitely cheering for Skov and Marshall to put up video game numbers today.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
It's like every other game--it's the match-ups in the trenches.

Win or lose we will know 2 things after the game:
1. How good the OL line is without Shaq
2. Whether the DL can match up with a good OL.

What we found out is that the DL can hold their own, although the pass rush needs some improvement. The OL? Disappointing is the best I can say. Good job by Burden up the middle, but the second level blocking was non-existent most of the time.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Kinda cliche, but I'd say it will come down to 75% line play (offensive and defensive) and 25% how we contain their two superstars (Fuller and Smith). If we get a good push up front on O and keep Smith from blowing up plays, we'll score some points. If our DL can clog the middle and we can keep Fuller from lighting it up, their O won't.

Hate to toot my own horn

Our oline didn't show up.

Fuller 130 and a TD.

And we gave up 200+ yards on the ground.

#ballgame