1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Bombs Away

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Milwaukee, Jan 2, 2020.

1. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Guess this must be what the Iranians said was the plane turning around.
    Wash Examiner(maybe from NYT- same video) - Video of the impact shows a plane gaining altitude and then suddenly exploding in a flash of light. The fiery wreckage of the fuselage can be seen coasting toward the ground before dimming. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...s-down-passenger-jet-killing-all-176-on-board

2. wrmathis

wrmathis Helluva Engineer

i mean, arent they already trying to send us Soldiers home in coffins? aint nothing new going on with that. no matter who we vote for

3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iranian state TV, citing a military statement, says the country `unintentionally' shot down a Ukrainian jetliner, killing all 176 aboard.

The statement came Saturday morning. It blames "human error" for the shootdown. The jetliner, a Boeing 737 operated by Ukrainian International Airlines, went down on the outskirts of Tehran during takeoff just hours after Iran launched a barrage of missiles at U.S. forces.

Iran had denied for several days that a missile downed the aircraft. But then the U.S. and Canada, citing intelligence, said they believe Iran shot down the aircraft.

4. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

5. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

... maybe the other end of the horse...

6. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Anyone doubt that Iranians would still be lying if they thought they could get away with it?
    If Iranians hadn't shot the plane down, would it still be Trump's fault?

7. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

I thought about that after I made the post. LOL

8. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Some DIMocrats still say it was,

9. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Have the conservatards pushed back or are the RepubliKKKons just going to sit there and take it?

10. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

The mealy mouthed, feckless RINOs never stand up for right & wrong. It’s why the Republican Party lost so many of us. Doesn’t work the other way.

11. LibertyTurns

Maybe we should re-review the decision to whack Soleimani.

1) Iran was ratcheting up attacks- Yemen, Syria, Gaza, ships, drones, some nibbling at the edges in Iraq
    2) Iran has continued to be recalcitrant with respect to nuke development despite economic sanctions
    3) Iran attacks our Embassy in Iraq
    4) The Maniac orders Soleomani whacked. Widespread media freakoutery, handwringing ensues
    5) Iran stages a large media event by parading around Soleimani with their funeral & claims big attacks. Even more freakoutery.
    6) Iran fires a bunch of missiles. Freakoutery is abundance, here it comes. Except they didn’t really fire at anything. The Maniac remains restrained, not the response Iran thought they’d get and quite frankly I was surprised he assessed first and not acted first. I thought he’d take out the missile sites exacerbating the situation.
    7) Iran shoots down the Ukranian airliner then blatantly lies about it despite knowing they did it. Hell, you have to know every major country has electronic intelligence and knew you fired AA missiles. The have the track of the aircraft, etc. You lie anyway.
    8) Now you got anti-Ayatollah rhetoric getting coverage.

Who was right & who was wrong? Well it wasn’t Iran, it wasn’t our “Allies”, it wasn’t the Liberals running their mouths on TV & it wasn’t US media cheering a mis-step by the Maniac. Makes you wonder who the experts are.

12. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

WHO IS THE MANIAC???

13. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

jayparr likes this.
  14. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

It's been a pretty consistent pattern since 2016.

But that doesn't stop any of them.

The Democratic politicians simply want power. That part is very easy to see and understand. The part that baffles me is how so many Americans go along with the media narratives that are so clearly wrong, over and over again. <smdh>

I genuinely don't understand.

LongforDodd and Tech93 like this.
  15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Yep. I mean after (among other things) 3 years of being told Trump was a Russian Agent and they had evidence...and then we find out those were lies and it was actually an orchestrated inside setup job, all the networks should have fired all those anchors. Politicians should have resigned in disgrace.

But they don’t care. Nobody is ever held accountable, so why should they care?

Today on Meet the Press, Senator Michael Bennet called Trump a lawless President. Where’s the beef? They just wrote impeachment articles and had their chance - they didn’t include any crimes. People shouldn’t be able to falsely accuse others of crimes over and over and over. They should be held accountable for such filth.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Tech93 and jayparr like this.
  16. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

Why don,t the dem politicians hop on a plane and fly over the middle east?

Tech93 likes this.
  17. Tech93

Tech93 Helluva Engineer

I’ll pay for their tickets

18. LibertyTurns

They only like those type of people when they’re potential voters right before elections.

19. LongforDodd

LongforDodd Helluva Engineer

That intel would have been leaked to the press within an hour after someone left the SCIF with it.

jayparr and bwelbo like this.
  20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Yep. You can't leak everything, selectively at that...work with our intelligence agencies to sabotage a President, leak private and state conversations, and then all of a sudden demand that you be kept in the loop on operations like this. It doesn't work that way, thankfully.

jayparr and LongforDodd like this.