Bobinski on current state of the Football Program

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, IJ7.

Lots of interesting comments in that interview. It gets even more interesting if you parse his comments. From that interview, I would expect to see some changes coming up, probably not until after signing day. You don't sit there and talk with a HC of a program for 4 hours for no reason.

Will be an interesting off season.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, IJ7.

Lots of interesting comments in that interview. It gets even more interesting if you parse his comments. From that interview, I would expect to see some changes coming up, probably not until after signing day. You don't sit there and talk with a HC of a program for 4 hours for no reason.

Will be an interesting off season.
I see alot of changes that are cloaked in secrecy or something.PJ seems to get it that we aint good enough and he will make changes.Now what or who they are is interesting to speculate about.I would think he is got to realize that we need some changes in OL and passing the football and hope he gets it done.AD did a good job of damage control..looks like PJ is safe to do his changes.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Great interview! Sounds to me like he may be pushing for a little evolution of the O as well. Looking forward to better times ahead. THWG!

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
to me his comment about getting back to what your roster does best was telling. IE...running our base option offense in 2014

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
well after listening to it twice. I am convinced there will be changes in our future. he seems to be a guy who understands the culture outside of Tech and can see the limitations that we are currently working with.

I am even more inclined to think the erroneous tweet by Feldman was actually something that CPJ said, offhand, to a person who he thought he could trust.

I am with techster, you don't have a 4 hour long meeting with the coach to simply pat each other on the back. Also the word choices that MBob used when describing the meeting, saying things like CPJ was "engaged" and "in my opinion it was productive" seem very thoughtout and deflective.

I also noticed there was no ringing endorsement of the future of CPJ. There was nothing to the effect of "he is our coach and we are planning on him being here a while".

I think Coach Johnson knows his AD isn't on board with his philosophy and would simply like to be bought out so he could go somewhere else and keep doing what he believes in. The pressure is starting to mount on Johnson to change, and I dont' think he will.

I don't think MBob will get rid of him after signing day, but I could definitely see it after next year, unless a dramatic improvement is had.

I wonder what his conversation with Brian Gregory was like...guy might not make it past this season.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I see alot of changes that are cloaked in secrecy or something.PJ seems to get it that we aint good enough and he will make changes.Now what or who they are is interesting to speculate about.I would think he is got to realize that we need some changes in OL and passing the football and hope he gets it done.AD did a good job of damage control..looks like PJ is safe to do his changes.

I think they have to look at FSU's strategy a bit. It's all about recruiting, IMO.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Something was said which could be taken the way it was tweeted but wasn't intended that way. MBob knew right away the source and actual context. Not true and out of proportion sum it up correctly.

Recruiting staff and strategy, admissions process, possible majors, facilities as well as strategic planning are all topics that could expand a meeting.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think they have to look at FSU's strategy a bit. It's all about recruiting, IMO.
Agree...you get good players and we can bring back the Single Wing..........yep give me the hosses and let me loose.........hope we get what we need.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think people are reading way to much into it.

Same thing was said when Bobinski first came in and Mark Bradley at the AJC asked him about the media's perception of the program and CPJ.

Bobinski said: “What I would hope to engage Paul in is (a discussion of) putting a more positive feel on the program. How do we present the program?”

What followed was the biggest media campaign in CPJ's tenure, an active CPJ on Twitter, a more engaged CPJ on local radio, and a less antagonistic CPJ when speaking with the media.

When executives talk, it's not just for the masses, they're also sending indirect messages to their employees.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
He's on every week with this show. Why is everyone actin as if he is no where to be found. CPJ wouldn't have made it past question three without bowing up at these guys. Bobinski is the only one I hear regularly and y'all are trashing him. He has also helped boost recruiting efforts. Give the guy a break.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no idea of the changes, but, I do know a change I would have insisted upon if I were the AD. I would tell him to turn the offense over to an offensive coordination and get on with coaching the finer things that a Head Coach must oversee. If he is spending too much time with the offense, then the rest of the areas tend to suffer. If he is trying to give equal amounts of time to all the areas, then the offense suffers without a coordinator. Since his offense is beginning to drag, then why not make him use an offensive coordinator and make PJ spend his time fixing the finer points of all areas of the game.