Bobby Ross was at the VA Tech ballgame yesterday

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Several years ago the 1990 national championship team was celebrated during halftime. After it was over I saw Ross walking up the stadium stairs and sit several rows behind me. I sit in the upper East stands. Couldn't believe they didn't put him in a luxury box!

Declinometer

Banned
Bobby Ross recruited my brother to the Citadel and was in our house when I was in 8th grade.

Adding Beamer and Frigdon were on his staff

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Several years ago the 1990 national championship team was celebrated during halftime. After it was over I saw Ross walking up the stadium stairs and sit several rows behind me. I sit in the upper East stands. Couldn't believe they didn't put him in a luxury box!

Seriously. What would you expect from gt. Its unreal how they have treated some of our past.

Now if you donate........

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
GTAA tweeted a picture of Ross and his grandkids well before the game. I think they're cool.

GTie79

Georgia Tech Fan
Ran into him walking down the aisle at half time. Recognized him, introduced myself and told him I appreciated his days at Tech, and was there at the Citrus Bowl. He said he really appreciated his time at Tech. He was very personable and friendly. He said "this is a great game, isn't it"? I said I was worried about the defense, that they were young and thin. He told me to hang in there as the players sure seemed to be hanging in there. He turned out to be pretty prophetic on that statement.

Gtyellowjackets

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw him at the UVA - GT game a couple of years ago (when Groh beat PJ) in Charlottesville the game before be beat them up there in the rain. Said hello and he was very nice and friendly. He was sitting in the GT section in the end zone.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what GT would have been if he stayed??
From what I heard years ago the team after the NC had internal problems in that Ross wanted to discipline the rbs who got caught in the book store mess and teh team ,thinking it was supreme wanted the say so on what to do with them......maybe no proof but we didnt play that well afer the NC and of course Chargers and money were hard to turn down......HE IS FIRST AND FOREMOST A DAMN GOOD FOOTBALL COACH and if he stayed we would be lot stronge.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what GT would have been if he stayed??

Would have been quite a show with O'Leary still the DC and Friedgen still the OC. Don't forget, Ross signed Donnie Davis (the #2 QB recruit in the nation at the time) to run Friedgen's offense before he left. Unfortunately, some dude named Bill Lewis didn't know how to develop Davis like Friedgen would have.

GT administration should have let O'Leary or Friedgen take over after Ross left instead of bringing in a hot name. Crappy thing is, GT went to O'Leary to clean up the Lewis mess. Lost a few years of momentum over that decision.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
GT administration should have let O'Leary or Friedgen take over after Ross left instead of bringing in a hot name. Crappy thing is, GT went to O'Leary to clean up the Lewis mess. Lost a few years of momentum over that decision.

Hindsight is 20-20. Bill Lewis was the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year in 1991. Because of his time at UGa, he had Georgia recruiting connections, and he was well thought of. Seemed like the perfect hire. He was a nice guy, but his administrative ability was poor.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Hindsight is 20-20. Bill Lewis was the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year in 1991. Because of his time at UGa, he had Georgia recruiting connections, and he was well thought of. Seemed like the perfect hire. He was a nice guy, but his administrative ability was poor.
On paper he was good hire...I too thought he would get some Ga guys over here but to no avail.He was questionable as hc but had good year at EC and we bit.He was a good guy but he had tons of talent and couldnt produce.When we didnt beat FSU .....knew we were in for a bad time.