Bobby Dodd Stadium

I'm not a fan of the new security to enter the stadium. I don't understand why change it up after all this time
I didn't think so at the time, but in hindsight, it actually probably speeded things up at the North Ave gate, since there was no longer a mass of humanity trying to get in the gate; we had to go through a line.

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah I go in at gate 10 and it's never take me long to get in plus they were like 15 min late opening up... which in my opinion messed up the mojo which led to a rough 1st half

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
We have been entering at gate 10 for years. The old system worked great. It makes no sense to make everyone get in line when you could just walk up to the gate and go in.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe this isn't a new policy, but I found it strange that not only can you not get a free refill on your souvenir cup (which I'm fine with), but they will not allow to reuse your same cup even after paying for the new one. Maybe petty thing to complain about, but seems wasteful.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
This is a summary of an actual conversation I had while trying to order a Coke during halftime in the north end upper deck. Keep in mind that there were large and small souvenir cups, but the menu board only said something like "Souvenir cup: $4".
Me: How much is a large drink?
Concession Worker: $4
Me: How much is a small drink?
CW:$4.
Me: Wow. They are the same price?
CW: No. The large drink is more.
Me: I thought you said both were $4.
CW: They are, but the larger cup is larger, so it's more. o_O
So I ordered the large and paid $4.

My friend was charged $6 for a large. When he asked why since the sign said $4, he was told that the sign is wrong.

This is a summary of an actual conversation I had while trying to order a Coke during halftime in the north end upper deck. Keep in mind that there were large and small souvenir cups, but the menu board only said something like "Souvenir cup: $4".
Me: How much is a large drink?
Concession Worker: $4
Me: How much is a small drink?
CW:$4.
Me: Wow. They are the same price?
CW: No. The large drink is more.
Me: I thought you said both were $4.
CW: They are, but the larger cup is larger, so it's more. o_O
So I ordered the large and paid $4.

My friend was charged $6 for a large. When he asked why since the sign said $4, he was told that the sign is wrong.
LOL

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Umm...they're checking for guns, bombs, etc and you guys are bitching?

Is there something I'm missing?

Yes I am complaining. It should not take me over ten minutes to get into the stadium when only about 30k to 35k people are actually at the game. I have never been to any other sporting event where that happens. It is an embarrassment. Last year, I waited in line for over 15 minutes because there was a communication issue about the coaches going to the press box. Several hundred people were not allowed to go through the gate while waiting for the coaches to come through the security area. What the coaches really wanted was just a clear path to get in the gate. They did not want the whole gate closed.

To further compound the issue, didn't someone post an article not to long ago that stated our IE department had made multiple changes to the game day experience to shorten the lines at the gate and the vending areas? Isn't our IE school supposed to be the best in the nation? Can't we do anything right to make the game day experience better? It seemed to me that NO ONE in the security lines knew what they were doing. Don't get me wrong, they are all very friendly people, but I would take rude people that know what they are doing over friendly people that are clueless. It may not be their fault - they may not be adequately trained, or they may be understaffed, or (worse yet) they might be doing exactly what our administration wants.

Honestly it is almost as if our administration is purposely trying to make the game day experience as bad as possible. I wish someone on this board was a personal friend of Stansbury so that maybe some of this issues could be addressed. If not, I am going to begin to watch games at home. And I attend about 4 to 5 football games per year and at least one basketball game. It is a 2.5 hour drive for me and it is beginning to be more trouble than what it is worth.

And finally, if I ever believe that guns and bombs are a real problem, then I am not going to bring my family to another game - because I do not trust that our security staff is competent enough to catch anyone that is carrying some type of weapon into a game. They are more concerned about some guy sneaking a granola bar into the game than they are a gun.

Yes I am complaining. It should not take me over ten minutes to get into the stadium when only about 30k to 35k people are actually at the game. I have never been to any other sporting event where that happens. It is an embarrassment. Last year, I waited in line for over 15 minutes because there was a communication issue about the coaches going to the press box. Several hundred people were not allowed to go through the gate while waiting for the coaches to come through the security area. What the coaches really wanted was just a clear path to get in the gate. They did not want the whole gate closed.

To further compound the issue, didn't someone post an article not to long ago that stated our IE department had made multiple changes to the game day experience to shorten the lines at the gate and the vending areas? Isn't our IE school supposed to be the best in the nation? Can't we do anything right to make the game day experience better? It seemed to me that NO ONE in the security lines knew what they were doing. Don't get me wrong, they are all very friendly people, but I would take rude people that know what they are doing over friendly people that are clueless. It may not be their fault - they may not be adequately trained, or they may be understaffed, or (worse yet) they might be doing exactly what our administration wants.

Honestly it is almost as if our administration is purposely trying to make the game day experience as bad as possible. I wish someone on this board was a personal friend of Stansbury so that maybe some of this issues could be addressed. If not, I am going to begin to watch games at home. And I attend about 4 to 5 football games per year and at least one basketball game. It is a 2.5 hour drive for me and it is beginning to be more trouble than what it is worth.

And finally, if I ever believe that guns and bombs are a real problem, then I am not going to bring my family to another game - because I do not trust that our security staff is competent enough to catch anyone that is carrying some type of weapon into a game. They are more concerned about some guy sneaking a granola bar into the game than they are a gun.
Better to take 10 or 15 minutes extra than to take 45 minutes to get out, like at the Benz last Monday.