Bobby Dodd in the MLS

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This may need to be moved to a different forum and if so, please do so.

Between the Rolling Stones at BDS and now this, I'd like to commend the GTAA for doing things to boost revenue and exposure.

I have season tickets for Atlanta's MLS team, Atlanta United and the MLS season starts in March usually which is before the summer completion date of Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Rather than only play away games Atlanta's home games for the MLS will be played at Bobby Dodd vs playing 3 months worth of games at home.

I'm pretty excited to watch my first Atlanta MLS games at GT and even though it'll only be like ~30k fans (that's normally how many we bring for home football games anyway... am I right?) it'll be increased exposure for Georgia Tech as well as added revenue.

I can only hope they somehow incorporate a way to sell beer for the games and afterwards leave that in there for the 2017 football season.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This may need to be moved to a different forum and if so, please do so.

Between the Rolling Stones at BDS and now this, I'd like to commend the GTAA for doing things to boost revenue and exposure.

I have season tickets for Atlanta's MLS team, Atlanta United and the MLS season starts in March usually which is before the summer completion date of Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Rather than only play away games Atlanta's home games for the MLS will be played at Bobby Dodd vs playing 3 months worth of games at home.

I'm pretty excited to watch my first Atlanta MLS games at GT and even though it'll only be like ~30k fans (that's normally how many we bring for home football games anyway... am I right?) it'll be increased exposure for Georgia Tech as well as added revenue.

I can only hope they somehow incorporate a way to sell beer for the games and afterwards leave that in there for the 2017 football season.
If anything we can get new turf out of the deal.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Sorry .. I think it's a mistake. The core issue is winning teams, a donor friendly alumni base, and engaged students.

MLS is the corporate equivalent of a punt.