Bobby Dodd Experience Improvements

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
"
Changes at Bobby Dodd
Fans will see improvements made at Bobby Dodd Stadium, the most visible being a new videoboard at the south end of the stadium. The new board has 34 percent higher resolution than the existing board, which was installed in 2009. The ribbon boards have also been replaced with new displays.

Another big change is improved LTE cellular data coverage. The old board interfered with frequencies in and around the stadium. In recent years, fans would get frustrated by the lack of cell availability. The system would sometimes get overpowered, as happened last year following the improbable finish to the Florida State game.

Fans who lease the Stinger Seats, the cushioned, chair-back seats, will enjoy new waterproof seats with high-density foam. Improvements have been made to the restrooms throughout the stadium, with additional baby changing stations and paper towel dispensers. Concession stands will have new offerings, including an option for a bottomless box of popcorn.

The athletics department has worked with campus and Atlanta authorities to modify entry and exit routes to the stadium.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/sports/college/acc/georgia-tech/article100736357.html#storylink=cpy
"

I'll give the athletic department this, those end of the year surveys where you get an opportunity to complain or give constructive criticism ,depending on how you're feeling, are not just for us to vent.

Couple of years ago one of the popular things complained about was concessions and they improved the stadium concessions from employees to what kind of concession stands they had. I know people have always complained about cell service and not being able to check up on game scores and stuff like that and here they improving that aspect. I hope this continues because it will give fans less to complain about on gameday and improve the experience, so attendance won't be hurt by non game related issues.

"
Changes at Bobby Dodd
Fans will see improvements made at Bobby Dodd Stadium, the most visible being a new videoboard at the south end of the stadium. The new board has 34 percent higher resolution than the existing board, which was installed in 2009. The ribbon boards have also been replaced with new displays.

Another big change is improved LTE cellular data coverage. The old board interfered with frequencies in and around the stadium. In recent years, fans would get frustrated by the lack of cell availability. The system would sometimes get overpowered, as happened last year following the improbable finish to the Florida State game.

Fans who lease the Stinger Seats, the cushioned, chair-back seats, will enjoy new waterproof seats with high-density foam. Improvements have been made to the restrooms throughout the stadium, with additional baby changing stations and paper towel dispensers. Concession stands will have new offerings, including an option for a bottomless box of popcorn.

The athletics department has worked with campus and Atlanta authorities to modify entry and exit routes to the stadium.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/sports/college/acc/georgia-tech/article100736357.html#storylink=cpy
"

I'll give the athletic department this, those end of the year surveys where you get an opportunity to complain or give constructive criticism ,depending on how you're feeling, are not just for us to vent.

Couple of years ago one of the popular things complained about was concessions and they improved the stadium concessions from employees to what kind of concession stands they had. I know people have always complained about cell service and not being able to check up on game scores and stuff like that and here they improving that aspect. I hope this continues because it will give fans less to complain about on gameday and improve the experience, so attendance won't be hurt by non game related issues.
Apparently not a whole lot of change for the upper east deck. :(

Glad they made the overall improvements, but must of the concessions/restroom improvements seem to have been made in the north end, at least based on the link. The restrooms in the upper east last year seldom had more than one trash can and often ran out of paper towels by halftime. Physically, they are ok, but the maintenance of them leaves much to be desired.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Do they still have the wall length peepee trough in the lower east restrooms? Nothing quite like having your pee stream splash of the back wall all over your lower legs! Good times!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Well, my tailgating experience is not likely to improve, this season. They plopped this sucker FIVE FEET from our regular tailgating location in lower Peters, right next to Yellow Jacket Alley.
image.jpeg

Not really looking forward to having my party location becoming a potty location.

This isn't a stadium thing, but did anyone else have problems hearing what was on the Game Day app? Even when I linked to my car speakers driving home to listen to the post game show, I had to turn the volume all the way up on my car radio. I could barely hear it at all just using my phone. That was MUCH better last year. I actually had the same problem with the call-in show last Monday and ended up using the online link on my computer instead.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
They need to improve the bag check at Gate 5... really long and SLOW lines. Seemed like the shut it down for about 1o-15 minutes around 2:30.
It was RIDICULOUS!

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
This isn't a stadium thing, but did anyone else have problems hearing what was on the Game Day app? Even when I linked to my car speakers driving home to listen to the post game show, I had to turn the volume all the way up on my car radio. I could barely hear it at all just using my phone. That was MUCH better last year. I actually had the same problem with the call-in show last Monday and ended up using the online link on my computer instead.
I had some volume issues too. I've always had to turn the phone volume to the max and set my car at ~twice the 'normal' level. Yesterday when the CPJ interview came on the volume dropped considerably...figured it was a mistake at the input side in the 'studio'. Several times the audio just plain quits during the broadcast. After 10 - 15 seconds it returns, but it sure is frustrating.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
They need to improve the bag check at Gate 5... really long and SLOW lines. Seemed like the shut it down for about 1o-15 minutes around 2:30.
It was RIDICULOUS!
It was due to coaches passing through. Would have been nice if they would have told us while we waited.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
We did have nice new seat cushions in the Upper East, the permanent ones that you pay to have installed for the season. They are well worth the price. In addition to being comfortable, they protect your turf.

We did have nice new seat cushions in the Upper East, the permanent ones that you pay to have installed for the season. They are well worth the price. In addition to being comfortable, they protect your turf.
Except they were permanently installed. Two a few rows down from me were empty the entire first half, so a friend with me went and got one and brought it up to use in his seat. They definitely looked nicer than the old ones though.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Except they were permanently installed. Two a few rows down from me were empty the entire first half, so a friend with me went and got one and brought it up to use in his seat. They definitely looked nicer than the old ones though.
The ones in our seats were the exact same ones as always. They feel like you are sitting on a whoopey cushion everytime you sit down. Wish it made the fart noise though. That would complete the experience. Oh well, maybe next year.

The ones in our seats were the exact same ones as always. They feel like you are sitting on a whoopey cushion everytime you sit down. Wish it made the fart noise though. That would complete the experience. Oh well, maybe next year.
Interesting. The one my friend "borrowed" was obviously a new design---well padded and actually nice looking. My friend said it offered the back support he was apparently much in need of. But, as I said in my earlier post it was definitely not attached to the seat the way those in the past have been.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow

Yes. I use the app for all games and this week seemed to have some issues. I was at the Bama game (I know, I know...but my son is in the marching band there) and I could barely hear the Tech game with my ear buds. Might have been my reception, but it also seemed to cut out a few times too. Hope it was a one-time thing. Maybe Demetra didn't push the right button?!