Blocking Coach

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Why doesn't CPJ hire a good blocking coach to coach the A-backs; This has been root of the problem on any pitch play to the outside whether rocket toss or option pitch over the last 4 years; When watcing the offense I try to train my eyes on the perimeter blocking and constantly see the A-backs whiff , miss, get beat are appear intimidated in making the block; I just don't understand we could have made many more firstdowns and long runs if we had just a little better effort. I understand If asking a Zenon or a smaller pony back to try to block a 230lb linebacker but alot of the blocking is locking up with smaller 5' 10 180 lb corners so what the heck is the problem

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I've never really looked at the blocking scheme for the A-Backs. I know there's a fair amount of cut blocking that occurs, but it's not all cut blocking. From those that know, is this just a matter of "want to" or is the blocking scheme that difficult for these guys? I know Orwin wasn't lauded for his blocking and he was one of our biggest A-Backs. On the other hand, Peeples and Godhigh were the smallest and did a stellar job blocking. Thoughts?