Bleacher Report Top 5 Coaches on Hot Seat

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
As I have often shared with colleagues who are UGA fans ... UGA ain't Bama. Get over it.

I grew up with Alabama football and Bear Bryant. Simply put, there is no comparison. You cannot explain it to someone who has not experienced it. It permeates through every aspect of society there.

I remember dating a girl whose brother went to Auburn. "Are you serious about this girl?", my sisters asked. "You do know her brother went to Auburn, right?" Ixnay on dating this chick.

I like Kirby. I wish him well. But the UGA program in no way resembles Bama.
The UGAG fans will have their knives for Kirby Goff after 2017 when his teams don't win more than 8 games and i think he'll have his contract bought out or he'll be fired outright when UGA has another 8-4 type season in 2018.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I haven't the slightest clue, which is why I said I'd be interested in seeing him at GT.

Maybe Miles has a natural hidden talent for making National Championship winners out of academic minded 2* and 3* recruits, but he had to suppress that talent so he could take a job coaching 4* and 5* recruits. We're not going to find out if we keep making decisions by prejudging the outcome.
Miles is kind of like Dabo. Great coach/motivator but needs good assistants.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The UGAG fans will have their knives for Kirby Goff after 2017 when his teams don't win more than 8 games and i think he'll have his contract bought out or he'll be fired outright when UGA has another 8-4 type season in 2018.

Kirby doesn't have the talent yet, certainly not the depth. I actually hope he succeeds, but I expect he won't.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If Georgia wins 7 games this season and 7-8 in 2017 the UGAG fans will be hanging Kirby Goff in effigy like they did Ray Goff in 1993. I think Georgia will have another head coach by 2019.
Kirby doesn't have the talent yet, certainly not the depth. I actually hope he succeeds, but I expect he won't.
Doesn't have the talent ? They have signed a top 10 class every year.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nah. A mega stretch is that guys actually believe it.
Those type of coaches along with mid major head coaches and up and coming assistants are the people GT can afford to hire in my opinion. I don't believe GT could outbid a major college football team for their head football coach.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The mutts aren't Bama but they have a lot going for them. It wouldn't take much to see them go on a real successful tear. I don't wanna see it happen but they will always be poised. Thus their angst.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I wonder about Addazio simply from the standpoint of where is BC athletically. They went o-fer in both "revenue" sports last season and don't figure to be much better this year in either.

They're beyond an afterthought in the Boston market and I wonder how different from us money-wise are they? Don't they have multiple fired coaches being bought out? Even if they don't, what's the goal there? Do they expect to compete with FSU, L'ville, Clem in their division? They're not close to that no matter who the coach is.

May as well give Addazio a Duke coach-style leash where he has losing seasons and, all of a sudden, develops a 9-win type team as most of his guys end up being upperclassmen.

Agree with all your other names. Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern may wear out the alumni honeymoon there.

ETA: Gus Malzahn has been figured out. No thanks. Back to somewhere like Ark. St for him.

So has CPJ been figured out? He just doesn't have the QB, but I think it's coming.
NC as OC
NC appearance as HC
In the SEC East
I'll take it.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So has CPJ been figured out? He just doesn't have the QB, but I think it's coming.
NC as OC
NC appearance as HC
In the SEC East
I'll take it.
I like Addazio myself he's doing a good job in a place where nobody cares about Boston College football.