Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Here's my top 5 list of head coaches who will be canned in December

1)Charlie Strong,Texas
2)Steve Addazio,Boston College
3)Clay Helton,USC
4)Mark Stoops,Kentucky
5)Gus Malzahn,Auburn

I wonder about Addazio simply from the standpoint of where is BC athletically. They went o-fer in both "revenue" sports last season and don't figure to be much better this year in either.

They're beyond an afterthought in the Boston market and I wonder how different from us money-wise are they? Don't they have multiple fired coaches being bought out? Even if they don't, what's the goal there? Do they expect to compete with FSU, L'ville, Clem in their division? They're not close to that no matter who the coach is.

May as well give Addazio a Duke coach-style leash where he has losing seasons and, all of a sudden, develops a 9-win type team as most of his guys end up being upperclassmen.

Agree with all your other names. Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern may wear out the alumni honeymoon there.

ETA: Gus Malzahn has been figured out. No thanks. Back to somewhere like Ark. St for him.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder about Addazio simply from the standpoint of where is BC athletically. They went o-fer in both "revenue" sports last season and don't figure to be much better this year in either.

They're beyond an afterthought in the Boston market and I wonder how different from us money-wise are they? Don't they have multiple fired coaches being bought out? Even if they don't, what's the goal there? Do they expect to compete with FSU, L'ville, Clem in their division? They're not close to that no matter who the coach is.

May as well give Addazio a Duke coach-style leash where he has losing seasons and, all of a sudden, develops a 9-win type team as most of his guys end up being upperclassmen.

Agree with all your other names. Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern may wear out the alumni honeymoon there.

ETA: Gus Malzahn has been figured out. No thanks. Back to somewhere like Ark. St for him.
Pat Fitzgerald would be a good future GT head football coach candidate if he's fired by Northwestern. He's done wonders there. Charlie Strong at GT would get a lot of national press coverage and bring in a lot of recruits. I think Charlie could be the head coach at Kentucky in 2017 however.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe he thinks GTAA us flush with cash and willing to eat millions of dollars instead of waiting 1.5 years if he is to be canned.
I think CPJ will be coaching in 2017 and he'll be cut loose if GT wins 5-6 games during 2017.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think Pat Fitzgerald would do great at GT. He's coaching at a school with strong academics. Recruits against big time schools. Has beaten the big name teams in the big 10 year after year. Living in the Midwest NW has always reminded me of GT. We are a little better off as a program but they've had some sneaky good teams and a few solid seasons. He'd know what to expect here and I think he'd thrive in ATL.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Pat Fitzgerald would do great at GT. He's coaching at a school with strong academics. Recruits against big time schools. Has beaten the big name teams in the big 10 year after year. Living in the Midwest NW has always reminded me of GT. We are a little better off as a program but they've had some sneaky good teams and a few solid seasons. He'd know what to expect here and I think he'd thrive in ATL.
I agree Pat would be a great hire

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If I had to pick a coach who more than likely is on the "hot seat" or has been already fired I would want les miles at GT. I know some might not like this but as long as he had a good offensive hire I would be thrilled, I wouldn't be worried about D he generally has a top defense. Oh and it would bring in top notch recruiting.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If I had to pick a coach who more than likely is on the "hot seat" or has been already fired I would want les miles at GT. I know some might not like this but as long as he had a good offensive hire I would be thrilled, I wouldn't be worried about D he generally has a top defense. Oh and it would bring in top notch recruiting.
I wouldn't mind having Mark Stoops as GT Defensive Coordinator. He was a very good DC at Oklahoma.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Here's my top 5 list of head coaches who will be canned in December

1)Charlie Strong,Texas
2)Steve Addazio,Boston College
3)Clay Helton,USC
4)Mark Stoops,Kentucky
5)Gus Malzahn,Auburn

You have hit the nail on the head. Plus there will be several that are not expected.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Les Miles loves big offensive line and big running backs utilizing a strong running game. Getting the big offensive line and running backs would be a lot harder at GT than it was at LSU.