Black Uni Speculation

herb

Helluva Engineer
I’m referring to the supposed all black uniform combo we will be breaking out this season. Suddes retweeted so I’m assuming it has teeth. God help us.

I guess the only good thing about the coronas is it will keep this from happening. Hard to wear a new uni if there aren't any games.

I really don't care if we do or not. Maybe it will turn out to be cool (I doubt it, but am willing to give it a shot) , but why in the name of all that is holy did we spend so much time and money on a survey and come up with new guidelines as to color and styling and then not follow one single thing on it

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Who knows. We wore 9 different combos last year. That’s not a brand right there
Florida wore 7 different combos last year, went 11-2, won the Orange Bowl, and finished the year ranked #9. Florida also has a very recognizable “traditional” brand, but they aren’t afraid to mix it up.

Oregon wore 11 different combos last went, went 12-2, won their conference, won the Rose Bowl, finished the year ranked #6

South Carolina is very recognizable, and I don’t care to research how many different uniforms they wore this year, but I’d bet on it being more than 5. Obviously they didn’t have a great year, but they beat Georgia which is something Tech hasn’t done in a while.

Utah also wore a ton of different combinations and were in position to play themselves into the CFP if they had won the PAC12 CG. Tennessee mixed in orange pants this year. Ohio State and Oklahoma almost always wear a couple of alternates per year. Notre Dame wears an alternate every year.

The point? You don’t have to the same uniform every game to have a brand. Tech actually wore 11 different uniforms this year, but only 8 different helmet/jersey/pants combinations because of the 2 different white jerseys. I would say only 3 of the 11 were “off-brand” for what Tech should be. 1) the whiteout unis 2) the gray unis 3) the W/B/B combo. Everything else is fine, I just wish the pants had better stripes on them. I made a list on another thread on how Tech could very easily go the Florida route of wearing many different “traditional” combos while still looking the same team week-in and week-out. 3 “off-brand” looks is a little much for 1 year, I’d rather it be down to 1 per year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Florida wore 7 different combos last year, went 11-2, won the Orange Bowl, and finished the year ranked #9. Florida also has a very recognizable “traditional” brand, but they aren’t afraid to mix it up.

Oregon wore 11 different combos last went, went 12-2, won their conference, won the Rose Bowl, finished the year ranked #6

South Carolina is very recognizable, and I don’t care to research how many different uniforms they wore this year, but I’d bet on it being more than 5. Obviously they didn’t have a great year, but they beat Georgia which is something Tech hasn’t done in a while.

Utah also wore a ton of different combinations and were in position to play themselves into the CFP if they had won the PAC12 CG. Tennessee mixed in orange pants this year. Ohio State and Oklahoma almost always wear a couple of alternates per year. Notre Dame wears an alternate every year.

The point? You don’t have to the same uniform every game to have a brand. Tech actually wore 11 different uniforms this year, but only 8 different helmet/jersey/pants combinations because of the 2 different white jerseys. I would say only 3 of the 11 were “off-brand” for what Tech should be. 1) the whiteout unis 2) the gray unis 3) the W/B/B combo. Everything else is fine, I just wish the pants had better stripes on them. I made a list on another thread on how Tech could very easily go the Florida route of wearing many different “traditional” combos while still looking the same team week-in and week-out. 3 “off-brand” looks is a little much for 1 year, I’d rather it be down to 1 per year.

Funny thing is there's only like 3 dudes here who feel strongly against the idea of switching up unis. They're just so vocal about it, it feels like 3,000 dudes.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

I actually agree with that. yeah if we just stuck with different alternates of gold and white uniforms then yeah that is still a good look.