BJS kick returning

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
looked pretty dang quick and natural running it. Guess he's already in offense mode. Should be a bad *** running back for us the next 2 years. Thoughts?

He might be our best LB returning for next season though, i thought he played MUch better in Roof’s 4-3 his freshman year so he could see a big improvement going back to that alignment under CGC.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He was not easy to bring down. Ran with power.

It will be extremely interesting to see position changes moving forward. We have a ton of running backs and huge needs at linebacker. I expect a good bit of movement at QB also.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He was a heck of a RB in HS, would love to see him there next year, and Juanyeh at WR.

I want BJS at MLB and Juanyeh at FS, those are next-level athletes who are sorely needed on defense. Between KirVonte, Jordan, and Jerry (not to mention Malloy who might become a FB, or Amerson and potentially Griffin) I think we have RB stocked with good players.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He was a heck of a RB in HS, would love to see him there next year, and Juanyeh at WR.

IMO, Juanyeh Thomas and Tariq Carpenter should be moved to LB. We need speed at LB.

Carpenter is 6'2 218lbs. He could easily gain another 12-15 lbs and play LB. He's got great speed and hitting ability for LB. I'm not sure he has the range at the ACC level for safety.

Thomas is 6'3 200 lbs. Getting weight on him may be a little tougher, but he's naturally a defensive player. Like Tariq, he'll have outstanding speed for LB.

That's 2 guys with speed and range that could change the complexion of our LB corps.

IMO, BJS has outstanding athleticism, size, and speed for LB, but I'm not sure he has the natural instincts. Maybe the next staff can coach him up better, but he takes too many false steps and is slow in diagnosing. It could be he needs more reps.

At RB, he could be special.

I actually think we'll be fine at LB. Remember, we're transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Less LBs needed. I think the whole Curry/Mitchell/Alexander seniority issue kept some of our younger and more athletic guys off the field. I really wish Jalen Johnson had another year...he was turning the corner for us at LB. REALLY wish they would have moved him there years ago like a certain poster said...ahem. :)

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Tariq had a good year as starting safety. I’m completely happy with him there. Henderson, Jackson, Thomas, BJS, Jordan, Curry, Bennett, & possibily Knight at linebacker. That’s a lot of speed that needs to be coached up. Could stand to add one more but that’s a good starting point. Lots of speed.

Collins has stated he likes length in the secondary and Tariq & Juanye provide that.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Speed means nothing if don’t know where to go. Thomas and Carpenter are cemented at Safety spots.

Man what to Askew this year? He been burned all year long.

A lot of able bodies at LB

Thomas, BJS, Henderson should be the 1st group

This vid of Curry still making my blood boil

I think I just threw up

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
looked pretty dang quick and natural running it. Guess he's already in offense mode. Should be a bad *** running back for us the next 2 years. Thoughts?
His first return had me thinking he is way more explosive than I thought. That’s what you want in an LB or RB. Hoping he catches on to LB though, with his athleticism he could be very very good.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Speed means nothing if don’t know where to go. Thomas and Carpenter are cemented at Safety spots.

Askew has surprised me this year, I thought he was going to be much better. He has been injured though, so I wonder if that’s held him back. I saw on twitter he’s having surgery today.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

I saw that live and turned to my dad and just said what the hell was Curry thinking.