Billy Shaw

Got to meet Billy Shaw today. Great man. Had no idea he was as accomplished as he is. We spent a few minutes talking about the state of the program. He thinks CPJ is the man for the job, and that we as fans need to understand the limitations and challenges presented by our unique academic situation. Hope to have him on the podcast in a month or so...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope you do get him on pod cast. History and context is important to understanding what others have had to do to get the GT program to the place it is today. (A good place compared to most "universities".) As I did the 70 years of GT football, I thought a lot about who and why we are where we are. Billy Shaw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Shaw is a Hall of Famer for good reason.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Got to meet Billy Shaw today. Great man. Had no idea he was as accomplished as he is. We spent a few minutes talking about the state of the program. He thinks CPJ is the man for the job, and that we as fans need to understand the limitations and challenges presented by our unique academic situation. Hope to have him on the podcast in a month or so...
I had the great pleasure of personally knowing Billy for a few years and always admired and respected him as a person as well as an athlete. It's great to hear he is behind CPJ; Billy doesn't pass out endorsements or compliments unless he truly means them.

Please remind us of the podcast. I haven't seen Billy in 20 years, so I'll be anxious to see if he has aged as well as yours truly (ha). Billy told me that when he played for Buffalo he had a 50-inch chest and a 30-inch waist and that now (20+ years ago) he has a 30-inch chest and a 50-inch waist.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
I see him at my sister's church when i go up to see her in Toccoa. Down to earth good ole boy he is. IIRC, he's the only man in the NFL HOF and never played a down in the NFL, all his playing days were in the AFL.