1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Bill of Rights -2A

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Whiskey_Clear, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

2. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

Nothing like a government that will enforce its Tax Laws at all cost, kinda makes you think twice about Chief Justice Roberts calling the mandatory purchase of insurance a “tax”, as long as it’s a tax the FEDS will be bound a determined to enforce it. Being armed to the teeth makes sense if you anticipate that ruling to be relied upon in the future

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  3. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

You never know when you need a bazooka because some tax cheat refuses to pay his late fees.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  4. Whiskey_Clear

New House of Reps is coming for your gun rights. Primarily semi auto rifles. I don’t trust the Senate or Trump to hold the line on 2A. Time to stock up. Don’t want to repeat prior mistakes.

5. Whiskey_Clear

There is more leftist gun control idiocy coming down the pipe. I’ll try and provide some proposed legislation soon.

6. Whiskey_Clear

7. Whiskey_Clear

There is no such thing as “reasonable” gun control laws with regards to the DNC. Their ultimate goal is to ban all firearms and they continue to strive to meet this goal year after year and day after day. This is but one additional example of many.

8. Whiskey_Clear

They have no common sense. Liberals are coming for all guns. Make no mistake.

TheSilasSonRising likes this.
  9. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Helluva Engineer

I think a magazine capacity limit is actually a pretty good idea. And I am not for banning all guns at all.

THWG likes this.
  10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Introduced by Bob Menendez. He probably wants to lessen the chances that any of the fathers of the teenage girls he's molested come after him with a bucket of bullets.

LibertyTurns likes this.
  11. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

I'm a hunter, so obviously I don't want guns banned. However, a magazine capacity limit is a good idea. I don't really see why people need more than 5 bullets in a gun anyways. If you miss with 5, then you don't deserve a gun haha.

CTJacket and BuzzStone like this.
  12. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Helluva Engineer

I have 2 stand up gun safes at my house. I have a vested interest in keeping all of my possessions. But a magazine limit along with some other common sense ideas will be helpful.

CTJacket and THWG like this.
  13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Ha!

This is the type of thing that seems good on the surface, but in real life it accomplishes nothing. There are tons of YouTube videos you can watch of bolt action rifles where the user can fire off rapid fire shots as fast as a semi-automatic gun. Furthermore, there are tons of YouTube videos that show people swapping clips in a fraction of a second. So functionally, the law would accomplish nothing.

In the meantime, the high majority of these mass shootings should not have happened if not for failings by law enforcement/enforcing existing laws. Background checks that should have failed, police not arresting people when they could have, people on terrorist watch lists who weren’t watched, and so on. If we really want to STOP shootings or SLOW THEM DOWN, we should start with something that would actually work and not something that just seems logical on the surface. I mean for Petes sake in the Garland Texas shooting, an FBI agent literally tailed a guy on the terrorist watch list to the site of the shooting, witnessed him open fire, and then tried to flee the scene without ever doing anything to try and stop it. We know this because police set a perimeter and caught him trying to leave the scene. It was then they figured out who he was and the rest is just completely baffling. I could go on and on over dozens and dozens of these from Charleston Church to Fort Hood to Parkland High School to San Bernadino etc etc.

2 Edits:
    1) I think if you write a law like this, you allow at least 10. A mom at home defending her house from a few intruders from coming down the hall or up the stairs in the dark needs that number of bullets at minimum.
    2) I won't go look it up, but I would bet only a small minority of the shootings involve large capacity magazines, but instead involved multiple magazines and multiple guns anyway.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Whiskey_Clear and THWG like this.
  14. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

A few caveats:
    1) This came from a Google search.
    2) I barely glanced at it.
    3) It appears in my search as an official study, so if its some biased loony organization that published it, I apologize.
    4) I haven't independently validated their data in the executive summary.
    5) I don't own a gun and never plan to.

So having said all that, the executive summary states that 99.7% of mass shootings did NOT involve a large capacity magazine. Out of the thousands and thousands of shootings over the last decade, they counted in this study 23 instances between 1994-2013.

So not only is it not clear to me that functionally such a ban would even do anything, they are only used in a teeny tiny number of shootings in the first place.

15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

16. Whiskey_Clear

Why does this nut job need 30 round mags???

Well he’s my favorite competition shooter but there are many. 3 gun matches are just one legitimate and responsible use / need for standard capacity 30 round mags.

(He gives some gun maintenance advice prior to his plinking)

But the most important reason is I and anyone so inclined to defend oneself can do so more capably. I know that thought scares you but it’s true.

17. Whiskey_Clear

Not a “shot” at you but you are apparently more philosophically inclined to use guns for hunting Bambi than using them for self defense.

Are you aware that in most officer involved shootings the officers shoot more than five times typically? Did they not deserve their guns in their duty?

18. Whiskey_Clear

It would be more hurtful than helpful.

19. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

"Hunting Bambi" is really what guns were intended for in the first place. I'm also not talking about limiting police officers, they should have no limit. Ordinary citizens should on the other hand.

CTJacket likes this.
  20. Whiskey_Clear

Completely disagree on all of the above.