Bill King's Radio Show

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
Admins you can move this if you don't think it should be here.

SiriusXM is shortening Bill King's radio show an hour and moving it to 5 am so they can Put on a show by two Bama fans. So disappointed right now, Bill King is the best on radio IMO and generally talks good about GT even though he doesn't always rank us high.

Admins you can move this if you don't think it should be here.

SiriusXM is shortening Bill King's radio show an hour and moving it to 5 am so they can Put on a show by two Bama fans. So disappointed right now, Bill King is the best on radio IMO and generally talks good about GT even though he doesn't always rank us high.
Crap, I am in my car a lot and enjoy that show. So now it's 5 am to 7 am? grrrrrrrrrrrr

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow, Bill King is pretty knowledgeable about the game in general but he does suck up to the SEC and for some reason Oklahoma. I use to listen to him when him and another guy did a recruiting show back in the early 90's out of Knoxville on 1510 AM I believe. I lived in Columbia, SC at the time and their signal was strong enough to get there after 6 PM or so. That was before Recruiting really blew up and became such a big business.

Go Jackets!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Bill was on the local sports talk here in Nashville for quite a while. He's is very knowledgeable and a delight to listen to. He's not a smart arse and his interaction with his callers is generally very pleasant. I miss listening to him.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Jiminy Cricket. I just wrote an email to Sirius about him. He's one of the main reasons I have kept my subscription with them - I only have a 1/2 hour commute. He's taken my call a few times, both he and Phil Steele have been very complimentary to us as you mention. Utterly ridiculous. I didn't realize Sirius was in the business of putting on regional shows.

I actually just signed up here to respond to this.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jiminy Cricket. I just wrote an email to Sirius about him. He's one of the main reasons I have kept my subscription with them - I only have a 1/2 hour commute. He's taken my call a few times, both he and Phil Steele have been very complimentary to us as you mention. Utterly ridiculous. I didn't realize Sirius was in the business of putting on regional shows.

I actually just signed up here to respond to this.

Did you get a response to your email? I also enjoy his show and would always listen to Phil on the ride in every Friday morning.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you get a response to your email? I also enjoy his show and would always listen to Phil on the ride in every Friday morning.
Funny you should ask, I just got it a little bit ago and was thinking about talking about it. It's weird, I've never written in to a station to complain about a schedule change. I've never even thought about it to be honest. OK, here it is:

This is what I wrote:
Why, why, WHY would you take Bill King off the morning drive?! He is the best show on your station (although I am really starting to like Mark Packer as well). I understand you want McElroy on but for crying out loud, Bill is the best in the business. The Bammer fanboys will check in to listen to McElroy at 9am or whenever you can shoehorn him in, you don’t need to punish the rest of us. This isn’t really meant as a slam to McElroy, it’s just that you’ve got a NATIONAL guy that is right for the morning drive and you just shoved him out of the way for a REGIONAL guy. Bill King is one of the main reasons I have kept my subscription, period. Please tell me this is just a summer thing. I can’t believe it.
Here is the response:
We totally get the disappointment in having your favorite show change times. All I can say is that we love Bill King and are thrilled he's still going to be a part of our team. We hope you'll continue to listen to him either live from 5am-7am ET or via SiriusXM On Demand.

As far as our new morning show goes, all I ask is that you give them a chance. Greg's recent playing career will provide a different perspective than we've had on the channel. Being less than a year out of a game that has changed so much over the last 20 years, he'll be able to give us insight no one else on our roster can. Taylor is a 15 year radio veteran who actually learned under Bill King many years ago in Nashville. He and Bill share a lot of the same traits and we're sure that will be quite evident as time goes on.

And don't let the fact that Greg is an Alabama alum fool you. This show will talk about the biggest stories in college sports regardless of conference. This will NOT be an SEC or Alabama radio show. I promise you that.

I've listened to the new show a little (I admit not much, but that has had to do with my schedule) but the new show hasn't impressed me so far. I'm going to write back but I'm not sure what I want to say yet. If anyone else feels like writing, the email is [email protected].