Biggest factor in outcome of GT vs Pitt (poll)

What factor will have the biggest factor in determining the out come of GT vs Pitt

• GT turnovers

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • GT special teams performance (or lack off)

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • GT ability to run the ball

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Hey, It’s a road game.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • GT defense

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Color shirt CPJ wears

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmonty71

Banned
I think the answer is going to be the same all year. Turnovers. If we can complete a game with 0 turnovers, we WILL win that game. Minus, maybe one... But, you get what I'm saying. No turnovers and we win at USF, by at least 10. Heck, last year, we would of won 3-4 more games, with 0 turnovers. I think we can beat almost any team in CFB, yet at the same time, lose to any team in CFB. Just my 2 pennies. TM has to make better decisions throwing down the field. I still say CPJ should do some short timing throws or some half back screens, just to get his confidence up.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think we need the “I want to win” attitude. I think we need to have the “I want to score as many points as possible, especially in the fourth quarter.” attitude. Knock them on the ground, step on their throat, and don’t get off until the clock reads 0:00, figuratively speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I would not be opposed to 4 takeaways in the first several minutes and a 28-0 lead like we had in 2014.

At that point in the game, we were on pace for a 222-0 victory.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think we need the “I want to win” attitude. I think we need to have the “I want to score as many points as possible, especially in the fourth quarter.” attitude. Knock them on the ground, step on their throat, and don’t get off until the clock reads 0:00, figuratively speaking.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YESSS!!!!

Jmonty71

Banned

I agree with this, to a point. Emotions go so far. However; just doing what you are supposed each play and putting your all, into each play is what I look for. While momentum and emotions are a huge factor in CFB, they only go so far. Doing what you are assigned to do and doing it at a high level, to me, means more.

My motto. Strive for perfection.. Even if you fall short, you often do better than you normal would.

But, as for Ugag... The whole stomping and crushing throat thing, is fine with me...

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this game is going to come down to turnovers. Both teams coming off loses GT in a game they lead late and Pitt a game where they could never get anything consistent going and faded out fast after a close half. Both teams are going to come out looking to win and getting a couple breaks early could cause teams to gain/lose confidence. We need to come out ready to play and keep the train rolling.

Pitts defense has issues with the dive in the past, but they don't really allow it to explode. So it'll be a lot of 8+ play drives and we need to remain mistake free.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think this game is going to come down to turnovers. Both teams coming off loses GT in a game they lead late and Pitt a game where they could never get anything consistent going and faded out fast after a close half. Both teams are going to come out looking to win and getting a couple breaks early could cause teams to gain/lose confidence. We need to come out ready to play and keep the train rolling.

Pitts defense has issues with the dive in the past, but they don't really allow it to explode. So it'll be a lot of 8+ play drives and we need to remain mistake free.
If we play mistake free, we win easy. Heck, I would wager, we'd give Clemson a run, if we'd played mistake free. But, we seem to make the mistakes when it matters most.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
For those of you lazy enough to not hunt down his answer:
upload_2018-9-14_15-49-28.png

Oh yeah. Totally worth this!

upload_2018-9-14_15-54-55.png

Done in my finest Chick-fil-a cow scrawl..

OK Clearly, I am ready for KickOff

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is the 2nd worse team in the ACC behind North Carolina and GT will just overwhelm them;):cool::D

You are probably right but we cannot expect the gifts that Penn State received. It was comical how many special teams breakdowns of one sort or another were committed by Pitt last week. Everything from the holder dropping the ball to returners fumbling and everything in between. Something like 8 or 9 mistakes of one kind or another is what I read.

Under the circumstances it is understandable that they were blown out by a top 25 team. But they will be ready to play this week you can pretty much take it to the bank. Their season and ours hangs in the balance. Lots of pressure on both teams. Who improves in all phases from last week will be the winner. Last year they simply could not move the ball consistently and had numerous breakdowns on makeable third downs. Eventually, the Pitt defense just got wore out. Maybe this happens again.