Biggest Factor in GT vs USF outcome (poll)?

What will be the biggest factor in determining the outcome of the GT vs USF game?

• The Weather (heat or rain)

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • USF Home Field Advantage/Poor GT road performance

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • How successful the GT running Game is

Votes: 57 38.3%
  • How sucessful the GT passing Game is

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • How successful the USF passing game is

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • What color Adidas shirt CPJ wears

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Couldn't help but go for the obvious choice there..

In all seriousness I do think that this is going to tell us a lot about our secondary. I don't expect our O to have any issues (even if we do have to stick to 3O and Dive plays sans passing). CPJ wouldn't have gone to the air if we were even close to being in trouble last week IMHO so if the game is close I imagine we won't be tossing many throws unless TQM hits a few and looks much better.

Deleted member 2897

I put "Other".

I don't know what I'd call it, but I'm referring to coming ready to play. We haven't won an away game since November of 2016. Last year we were head by 2 touchdowns in every road game except Clemson, and we lost every single game. We need to show up with the same intensity, attention to detail, and sense of urgency as we do for a home game.

This doesn't mean we need to necessarily win 41-0, or 13-10, or 55-52. Any of them are good.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Other!!!

I don’t think we will have an issue scoring, the biggest thing to me is be sound on defense. They can score quick, so we need to know our assignments and get them done. Pressure on the QB should help.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
On the road it's critical to control the tempo and take the crowd out of the game. Hence, long drives and moving the chains. My thought is USF has some experience playing against the triple option as Navy is in their league.

This QB was highly rated (5 Stars IIRC) but transferred twice when he wasn't immediately given the starting job as he doesn't like competition. To me that means he doesn't like getting hit either! Getting some pressure on him is going to work well based on his track record of moving away when the going gets tough.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
On the road it's critical to control the tempo and take the crowd out of the game. Hence, long drives and moving the chains. My thought is USF has some experience playing against the triple option as Navy is in their league.

This QB was highly rated (5 Stars IIRC) but transferred twice when he wasn't immediately given the starting job as he doesn't like competition. To me that means he doesn't like getting hit either! Getting some pressure on him is going to work well based on his track record of moving away when the going gets tough.

Iiuc, he got the starting job at Bama as a RS Fr, but lost it quickly to some kid named Hurt.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I'm worried about the weather, honestly. I don't feel good about our game on a wet field ... not sure why that seems to affect the crap out of GT much moreso than our opponents, and that's going back to CCG.

If the field is good, I think it comes down to our defense against their offense.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I put "Other".

I don't know what I'd call it, but I'm referring to coming ready to play. We haven't won an away game since November of 2016. Last year we were head by 2 touchdowns in every road game except Clemson, and we lost every single game. We need to show up with the same intensity, attention to detail, and sense of urgency as we do for a home game.

This doesn't mean we need to necessarily win 41-0, or 13-10, or 55-52. Any of them are good.
Yes !!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer

Like the thought. We will see.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
As I think more and more about this game I am hoping we hit them with the return of the DeathMarch. We should have the athletic advantage up front at point of attack, and it avoids QB getting popped on pass routes / options. Let's just line them up and BBack Dive them to oblivion.

Then pop outside a few times per drive to gas their defense with sprintouts.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Establishing out ability to get 4 or more from the bback will be a big factor. If they can’t stop us there it will be tough for them to win. What I am hoping to hear from the announcer is a Brent Musberger “they can’t stop it folks!” Statement. I don’t expect the defense to shut them out again and I will even be ok with a few big plays but I want to still have optimism that the team is understanding the system better and some of our hopes will be realized this year.