Biggest factor in determining the outcome of GT vs Clem (poll)

What will be the biggest factor in determing the outcome of GT vs Clem

• Blue Jerseys

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Clemson bus gets delayed for 48 hrs on I-85 S due to construction

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Availability of injured GT linemen

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Turnovers

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • GT ability to move the ball on offense

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • GT ability to stop Clemson on defense

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • What color adidas shirt CPJchooses

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • The weather

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The ONLY chance GT has is either multiple temporary injuries (one game only) to the entire defensive line for Clemson, or a breakthrough, spectacular performance by our D with 5 tunrovers forced. Our offense sucks and Clemson knows it and knows exactly how to stop it.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
If GT can move the ball on offense, this game is a toss-up and could go either way. The way I see it, our biggest disadvantage is our OL vs their DL. If we can scheme around that and have success on offense while winning the turnover battle, I could easily see us winning. Clemson is not *unbeatable*. Heck, last year we only lost by 14 (24-10) in the rain on the road. A turnover or two or just a couple different bounces of the ball and that's a different game. I think we're a better team top to bottom than we were last year.

Deleted member 2897

If GT can move the ball on offense, this game is a toss-up and could go either way. The way I see it, our biggest disadvantage is our OL vs their DL. If we can scheme around that and have success on offense while winning the turnover battle, I could easily see us winning. Clemson is not *unbeatable*. Heck, last year we only lost by 14 (24-10) in the rain on the road. A turnover or two or just a couple different bounces of the ball and that's a different game. I think we're a better team top to bottom than we were last year.

Yup, we fumbled on our first drive and they immediately scored. We can't afford to do that. As scared as I am about our offensive line, it doesn't really matter who's in at OL and AB and WR - they have to hit their blocks and at least provide some level of interference. And TM has to make the right reads. Watching the 2016 tape and 2017 tape, both JT and TM made a lot of bad reads - the speed of Clemson's defense can make you do that. But if you watch the tape the plays were there. Make the right read and make your blocks and we'll move the ball. Justin Thomas had -25 yards rushing in 2016. We have to attack them straight away, we can't be dancing around in the backfield and trying elaborate delay counters.

BTW, I picked "other". Yesterday was TaQuon's birthday. Its time for him to celebrate!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Jackets lead the ACC in time of possession, at an average of 33:30. We'll have to do that against Clemson and more. How we go about doing that, I dunno. Go for it a lot on fourth down and make it. We need to be real unpredictable on offense. Lots of counter-direction, and throw the short pass more than usual, maybe. Blitz on defense at odd times. Play to win. Just go for it. Take chances. Go for the interception if you have the slightest chance of getting it. On-sides kick when they least expect it (like on the opening kickoff). Keep them off balance and guessing. We're not going to just line up and beat these guys. A-back pass to TaQuon. Flea-flicker. Get fired up and play our hearts out. Tackle the football. Gang tackle and slap it, gouge it, knock it loose. Swarm. If we do that and Clemson comes in all complacent and cocky, we might have a chance. Our best half was the second half against Pitt. Build on that and we've got a chance. These guys are good, but they're not ten feet tall.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Biggest factor - historically in our wins we could do something on offense they couldn’t stop and had a special teams trick play (or two) work in our favor.

/

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Use the talent you have in A-backs!!! Run wide (although Clemson has typically had a lot of speed to get to the outside on us)! Take the short pass shots as well! If we come out and try what we usually do (run up the middle with BB), I think we go 3 and out and then we do desperate things (fake punt).

Funny, poll, by the way. Love that so many people have clicked the bus getting delayed. :) It's a possibility in Atlanta traffic always! I wonder if the blue jerseys were to give the players a boost? I gotta tell you, I'm not one that was all over the uni conversation, but when they announced the blues for this week, I actually caught myself perked up about attending the game. I'm not even sure I can explain it, but if it did that to me, I wonder if it got the players out of a funk???!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The longer the play drags out the faster Clemson can get to us, I think our offense needs to have some quicker developing plays over the 30 and try to make the LB’s and safeties beat us over their DL. Speed options, tocket tosses, QB follows and quick passes are some things I hope to see. Offense will need to move the ball to win, and imo that will be the biggest factor.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Only conceivable way:

1. Elect to receive.
2. 30 minute touchdown drive.
3. Kickoff to start second half. Returned for a TD.
4. 29 minute 45 second touchdown drive for the win.
Had to give this a bump and
ADD
Clemson Bus stuck for in GT celebration traffic for 48 hours

Jmonty71

Banned
To me, this game is ALL about ball control. Winning the TOP, no turnovers and gain some yards. If we do that and score in the 20s, we'll keep Clemson under 30 and make it a winnable game.

However; from what I've seen... 1/2 the offense has greased hands, our QB couldn't complete a 5 yard pass standing by himself, in a wheat field and our O line?? let's just say, I see more dives from them, than a soccer game. Diving at someone's feet does not = blocking. Given we are completely missing on those components means we are in for a long game, much less season.