Big dance?

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I know it seems impossible with this team, but you never know when things can start to click for a guy or two. Would a .500 record in ACC play get us in? If not what do you think it takes?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
images

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
.500 in the ACC gets us in with Illinois and Charlotte being quality wins OOC.

Remember we play everyone in the ACC with Duke, ND, BC, and Clemson twice. It's hard to find 9 wins in there but it's not impossible. We need better shooting and less idiots getting suspended. We always seem to beat someone we have no business beating (Miami last year.)

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
hahahahahahahahahahahahah to anybody who thinks this is a NCAA caliber team. I hope and pray this team has a come to Jesus moment and starts playing up to potential, but I have seen nothing that would indicate that is going to happen.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
.500 in ACC gets us in. I just think the only way we get into the NCAA tourny is with a purchased ticket... hope I'm wrong.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
.500 in ACC gets us in. I just think the only way we get into the NCAA tourny is with a purchased ticket... hope I'm wrong.

yep,
,500 is a DREAM.Unless something changes BIGTIME,we will be lucky to win 5 conf games.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Games results aside, it's difficult to project a .500 record in the ACC based on the lack of fluidity we've seen on both offense and defense. The saving grace is that the ACC is not strong beyond Syracuse and Duke. If we can improve even just a little it may be enough to separate ourselves from the bottom of the pack.

Here's GT's midseason progress report from a Syracuse Post-Standard blogger if you're interested in an outsider's unbiased opinion.
http://www.syracuse.com/patrick-stevens/index.ssf/2013/12/acc_basketball_midseason_progr_2.html

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
NCAA tournament is probably too much to ask now with Carter being out indefinitely. Kam should be able to step in and fill a little of the void, but there isn't any experienced depth behind him. Brutal injury and timing.