Big Bob to the Big League

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Robert Carter Jr. is declaring for the NBA. Looks like we probably wouldn't have had him this past season anyway, had he stayed.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's been in college 4 years, but I've got no idea if he graduated & don't really feel like checking. That said, if he did graduate, going pro is a no brainer. He's going out & getting a job, like many college grads do.

Also, he was signed by the Golden State Warriors within minutes of the draft ending, so how badly is he really doing? He's getting his crack at the NBA and went to a great team. He'll go make more than me in Europe if that doesn't work out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Also, he was signed by the Golden State Warriors within minutes of the draft ending, so how badly is he really doing? He's getting his crack at the NBA and went to a great team. He'll go make more than me in Europe if that doesn't work out.

This.

NBA isn't the end all be all of "pro" basketball. It's just the League if you want to play at the highest levels and make a f-you money. It's like soccer players...if you want to make a lot of money and compete at the highest levels, you go to Europe. There's a LOT of leagues around the world that pay pretty well. My buddy from HS had a brother that played at Mercer. I think he was top 10 in rebounding his senior year, and didn't get a sniff at the NBA. An Australian team signed him to a 3 year contract making $150K a year and $80K signing bonus. Not a lot of $$$ in NBA terms, but a pretty nice living if you're just out of college for about 7 months of work every year. That was like 15 years ago, so I would assume the pay is much nicer now.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I doubt Marcus Paige is feeling much better than Carter. He did get picked, but at #55. Two years ago, he had all the hype and was projected as late lottery. He stuck around, was exposed as a nice kid with mediocre game, and dropped to a certain D-League assignment. He's probably wondering why he didn't jump two years ago and take the money
Kentucky had # 7, 28 & 34 and undrafted (Poythress) Not a bad draft, but a big drop from last year's 4 in top 13 run