"Best way to win a game is not to lose it"

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Is this a statistical indicator of sound coaching? Would seem so to me.

Can also be an indicator of lack of aggressiveness on defense. When FSU was a perennial top 10 team they were also one of the most penalized teams in the country--with a great defense.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Can also be an indicator of lack of aggressiveness on defense. When FSU was a perennial top 10 team they were also one of the most penalized teams in the country--with a great defense.

That was back when they could rush 3 and sack Joe. Had a lot more to do with talent. If they had avoided those penalties they’d have won more national championships instead of just finishing in the top 5 every year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is this a statistical indicator of sound coaching? Would seem so to me.

Could be, but when you average penalties with ST performance it's ........ (just trolling before the guests come over).

I hadn't looked at the stats for the whole team, but we are pretty good consistently. (Must miss all those chop blocks that Cutcliffe whines about). http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category14/sort03.html

We have to have few penalties on O to make it work. The VT game was a thing of beauty with no plays over 15 yards. It would have been hard to keep the chains moving with a few 15 yard penalties.

Could be, but when you average penalties with ST performance it's ........ (just trolling before the guests come over).

I hadn't looked at the stats for the whole team, but we are pretty good consistently. (Must miss all those chop blocks that Cutcliffe whines about). http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category14/sort03.html

We have to have few penalties on O to make it work. The VT game was a thing of beauty with no plays over 15 yards. It would have been hard to keep the chains moving with a few 15 yard penalties.
With SEC officials, there will probably be a few 15 yard penalties WRONGLY called.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how we do in penalties per play :) we run less plays, I’d like to see this normalized.

I actually started to look at that before the holiday started kicking, and then I realized that accounting for every special teams play as well as o and d would take more time than i considered worth it.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I actually started to look at that before the holiday started kicking, and then I realized that accounting for every special teams play as well as o and d would take more time than i considered worth it.
If I get some free time over the holiday, I will see if I can whip something up. I’ve been looking for suitable reason to look into the play by play data I found posted in Reddit.