Best "junk food" snack

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I really try to eat healthy, work out, etc. Really. And even managed to hit my target weight goal as recently as August. But just curious as to what y'all would say is the overall best "junk food" snack? I prefer salty over sweet and am torn between "Extra Toasty" Cheezits and "Kettle Cooked" potato chips (Trader Joe's brand in particular).

If you were some how in Zombieland, what would your Twinkie be?

Milwaukee

Banned
1604973618933.jpeg

MidtownJacket

Staff member
There are some great ones on this thread already.

Tip of the hat to kettle chips and beef jerky; I’ll also add Chex-mix, the original kind and unopened bags.

I can’t count the times I get to a bag late and find the brown chips gone. Travesty I tell you. I judge harshly anyone who selectively eats pieces and leaves their discards in the bag. Don’t mess up the ratio people. Hahaha

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Crunchy cheetos is the winner by my book.

Although homemade chocolate chip cookies still warm and gooey from the oven is right up there too! (Does it count if you cook it?)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I love the weekend after Thanksgiving! Breakfast was heavy on fruit (1 slice each of cherry and blueberry pie) washed down with fresh brewed coffee. Making soup today with leftover turkey. It's a recipe I found in a Southern Living cookbook back in '86 and I have not skipped making it since. In fact, I went ahead and smoked another bird yesterday to ensure that I had sufficient turket to make a large batch.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I love the weekend after Thanksgiving! Breakfast was heavy on fruit (1 slice each of cherry and blueberry pie) washed down with fresh brewed coffee. Making soup today with leftover turkey. It's a recipe I found in a Southern Living cookbook back in '86 and I have not skipped making it since. In fact, I went ahead and smoked another bird yesterday to ensure that I had sufficient turket to make a large batch.
Gotta share that recipe then my friend!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Here is a link to something very similar (although mine doesn't call for apples). I also add all purpose flour to the cream to thicken it. I have found I use whatever leftover corn and green beans and turkey so it varies from year to year in terms of ratios. But it's like chili - it varies from batch to batch a bit but it's always good. Also, I usually double or triple the quanities as with most soups the soup is better the next day. Hope this helps.

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/curried_turkey_soup/

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’ve tried the microwaved rinds before and they were really bad, they weren’t that brand though.

This is the only microwavable rinds I've had. I think they're fantastic...like the ones you get at the store, but a better crunch not the stale crunch you get from premade items like pork rinds, popcorn, etc.

Definitely worth a try.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So there use to be a honey mustard chip that was sold by Publix. It usually sat by the Sub station. The line of chips is called something like Dirty Potato Chips, and it was Honey Mustard. It had a sharp tang with a smooth honey finish. It was EXCELLENT if you added them on your turkey sub. I usually slid them behind the turkey and cheese to add some crunch and awesome flavor to the sub.