Best game you have seen at Grant field?

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
This one is easy for me... The 1990 game against Clemson was the best football game I've ever seen in person.

It was an equally matched game that was a physical brutality for all involved.

The game ended with Kevin Battle, Coleman Rudolph, and the rest of the defense holding Clemson out of the endzone on 4 consecutive plays inside the 5.

As a fan, it would be hard to imagine a more compelling match up as we saw that day.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Happy to say I was at all 4 of those. I think FSU 08 was my favorite. I looked to the sky and said thank you after Reid came running out of the end zone with the ball.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Let's try... Miami--2014.

But seriously, no reason we shouldn't sell that game out.

Also, first post, been reading for awhile and actually just got back from Blacksburg. Go Jackets!

Were you surrounded by Techies or Hokies?

I was in Charlottesville when we came back to beat UVA in 90. I was surrounded by Wahoos but was such a good sport when they built-up their lead that I earned their tolerance when I gave it back to them as we took over.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson in 1984 was pretty danged good, too. Maybe the two most enjoyable to watch was a 59-21 win over NC State in 1986 when Jerry Mays ran for a couple of hundred on a wet field, and the 34-0 crushing of a top 10 USCe team in 1988 when we were in the midst of a miserable 3-8 season.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
99 Uga game. You had to be there to know what I'm talking about. God himself jarred that ball loose and Chris Young picked it up. Much like yesterday after the pick. Everyone knew the game was over.